JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

smart tv Bluetooth does not connect

(Topic created: 01-03-2023 08:57 AM)
dittrichdimitri
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I bought a TV model 65qn85b and it cannot connect to the bluetooth of my alexa echo dot. I also have a TV model 50Q80A and the connection normally occurs with the same echo dot, so it is clear that the problem is in fact on the new TV 65qn85b. I've also tested it with other echo dots and they all work on the old TV, but don't work on the new TV. When trying to make the connection, echo dot is shown as an option for connection, however when trying to pair and connect, it gives an error saying that it was not possible to connect. Should I trigger the TV warranty?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! The echo dot is a really useful device for interacting with your TVs and other devices. I would recommend first making sure that there are no other TVs connected to the echo dot first. Then try again as sometimes having more than one TV connected can cause some issues.

After that, I would make sure that the firmware is up to date on the TV and the echo dot. 

If none of this helps I would first recommend calling in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 and asking for our smart things department for further support. 

The last step would be service depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
dittrichdimitri
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
I bought a TV model 65QN85B, and it cannot connect to the bluetooth of my alexa echo dot (which I use connected to my home theater).
I also have a TV model 50Q80A and the connection normally occurs with the same echo dot, so it is clear that the problem is in fact on the new TV 65QN85B. I've also tested it with other echo dots (Alexa) and they all work on the old TV, but don't work on the new TV.
When trying to make the connection, echo dot is shown as an option for connection, however when trying to pair and connect, it gives an error saying that it was not possible to connect.
Should I trigger the TV warranty?

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! The echo dot is a really useful device for interacting with your TVs and other devices. I would recommend first making sure that there are no other TVs connected to the echo dot first. Then try again as sometimes having more than one TV connected can cause some issues.

After that, I would make sure that the firmware is up to date on the TV and the echo dot. 

If none of this helps I would first recommend calling in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 and asking for our smart things department for further support. 

The last step would be service depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes