Original topic:

un75nu8000fxza bottom of screen flickering

(Topic created: 12-14-2020 10:03 PM)
Nightingog
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi,

Last night the bottom right side of the screen began flickering. At first it was every so often but now its every few seconds. When I tried it on my new ps5, the issue went away for nearly an hour but started again. I disconnected every where from it and it still has these errors even when just on the smart screen menu. The flickering is much more noticeable on a lighter image. Any thoughts or advice? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Are you seeing this on all sources and inputs as well?  If so, service would be the next suggested step.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Are you seeing this on all sources and inputs as well?  If so, service would be the next suggested step.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Nightingog
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
It started 2 nights ago while watching Netflix via our Xbox One. It seems like messing with the hdmi would help for a little bit then it would start back. When we swapped over to Netflix on the ps5, it worked great ... for an hour or so before it started acting up again. I've got new super fast hdmi's arriving today so im hoping those work. But, im not overly optimistic it will.

If not, how is service handled on a TV thats 2 years old? what's the typically cost range?

I called in for support and she said there's a known flickering issue for my TV that a patch should come st some point, but its hard to focus on what were watching with this issue. How long would such a patch take?
I've never had trouble out of any of my numerous Samsung products so I'm hopeful there's a fix for this. or at least a cheap one. I'd hate to have to jump ship to Sony. 😪
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Send me a private message with your serial number and I can look into possible accommodations.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

0 Likes