cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on >> Here is the reason it is happening and the workarou

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userLnOC8MNKKt
Constellation

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on >> Here is the reason it is happening and the workarou

JUMP TO SOLUTION
https://ibb.co/nAy2Zy

See the pic attached. These times match the times my TV turns on by itself...
userLnOC8MNKKt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just go home again to find my TV turned itself on again and in the history it shows another log ..

https://ibb.co/g6LoPy

userLnOC8MNKKt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

https://ibb.co/bVMOSJ

Here it's on again following day.

userAq5FV1Lxnx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2017 Samsung UE65MU7002 Turns itself on for last 8 months. Updates 1210 and 1230 doesn't help It hapens mostly at night, but as you can see in this video even at day time. You can see in video that batteries from remote controller is removed. Full problem rewie you can read at offical Sammsung ...
userLnOC8MNKKt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had a Samsung engineer out today looked at some logs. Said he can't see an issue and left. Today got in from work and my TV was turned on again. 

Not happy

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you happen to have a reference number that we could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userQgBtAhEfzF
Constellation

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this happen with my Fire TV. If I left the Fire TV on at the home screen... the TV would invariably eventually turn back on. If I launch an app or put the Fire TV in sleep mode, the TV stopped turning on.

It's pretty annoying and hopefully something Samsung can fix.

Aircl65
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's not the cable company for me because I don't have cable.  I have a ps4 and a chromecast and that's it.  I think the real problem is the arc and people's sound bars. I replaced my sony sound bar with a samsung one and the tv hasn't turned on by itself since then.   So 4 days straight with sony my tv turned on several times during the night.  For the last week with a samsung sound bar it hasn't turned on once.  So for me it was all about the arc input and the sound bar interaction. 

Highlighted
SkyYYZ
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would have to agree that a common denominator is the HDMI-CEC device(s) connected to your TV. 

Yesterday, I updated the firmware of my Bose soundbar OTA from within its app.  The TV turned turned on when the update commenced.

It would seem that the CEC device sends a 'power on' signal to the TV because the device itself is powering up.  Normal (expected) behaviour in my situation.

So, whomever it was that pointed out that an auto-update being sent to your set top box (that is connected by HDMI-CEC) is probably right.  The TV is doing what it's supposed to when the connected device turns itself on and the TV stays on, unless you have it set to automatically turn off after a set period of time.  For some reason my cable box does not turn on when the cable company pushes updates to the box, so they must vary by device.

Unless someone knows an HDMI-CEC workaround, the only alternative I can think of is to connect via TOSLINK (optical).  Not the advice anyone wants to hear, myself included.