cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SkyYYZ
Cosmic Ray

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wait, come to think of it, I never turn my cable box off.  So when the cable company pushes software updates through, it's already on.  I guess thats because I only have the soundbar connected by HDMI-CEC to the TV and the cable box is connected by a different HDMI port on the One Connect box.  By default, the TV (and soundbar) turns on with the source already being set to cable. 

There's a possible workaround for some of you who may have it set up differently...

Smithy001
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I dont think its anything to do with OTA updates causing tv to switch on, if that was case ive had updates every night for 6 days lol.Also i have automatic updates switched off for all devices including TV. Regarding audio i am using optical from one connect box to amplifier and hdmi for video for all devices connected.

SkyYYZ
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hmm, well it was a thought.  Any device that is connected to my TV via HDMI-CEC (ARC) will turn my TV on when it powers up for any reason.  When I read this thread and remembered that my soundbar turned the TV on yesterday (when the soundbar powered up to initiate a firmware update), I thought I had a solution for you.  D'oh!

Smithy001
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A great idea would be to simply have a full power down option on the tv (non standby) 

userEiMwcl2LHo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been experiencing the same behavior. My Samsung MU6300 and my Sony CT-HT290/291 soundbar connected via the ARC HDMI does not work completely as the TV control alows me to turn off the TV and Soundbar, but the TV control will not allow me to turn on the soundbar. The TV defaults  to the TV speakers when turned on. If I select the Soundbar via the TV settings, the soundbar will then turn on? Also, when connected via the HDMI ARC, the TV will turn itself on by itself at random intervals. There are no timers set or updates set to automatic. If I disconnect the HDMI cable, the TV stops turning itself on at all hours. Samsung customer support can only discuss the configuration/settings - which I have verified as correct. They will not acknowledge any issue and have been of no help.

user1n29jHaISd
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem as many others on this thread.  Purchased the MU8000 with Sony sound bar in late December. The TV turns itself on everynight if I leave the ANYNET+ setting turned on.  If I disable the ANYNET+ setting the TV will not turn itself on.  I have tried plugging the soundbar into a diffrent HDMI port inconjunction with the optical cable.  This also caused the TV to turn on.  The only solution I have found is to disable ANYNET+ when I turn the TV off and enable when I turn the TV  on.  Needless to say this is very fustrating.  I have called Samsung support twice.  Their only solution was to unplug the soundbar.  Not very helpful.  Samsung support knew exactly what I was talking about when I called, which tells me this is not an isolated problem and something that could be fixed with a software update.   

Is Samsung going to address this issue? 

Highlighted
userFAYUezHrDp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm having the same issue - brand new MU8000 turns itself on each night when comcast sends its update and powers back up.
I am using the HDMI-Arc port for a soundbar. I will try turning off Anynet tonight and unplugging that soundbar HDMI cable to see if it is indeed that issue. That solution is not acceptable, though as for a higher end tv, I should be able to use the HDMI-Arc port! I only have 7 more days before my return window closes -so trying to find a solution quickly. I really like the tv and don't want the hassle of boxing it up and bringing it back.
SkyYYZ
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just a thought... leave everything connected/set as it is tonight, but leave your Comcast box ON (if you normally turn it off). 

I'm thinking that if your Comcast box is switched off (and an update is sent to it overnight), it probably powers itself on for the update.  When the Comcast box powers on, it might somehow be sending a power on signal to your TV (via the Anynet/HDMI-CEC/ARC connection with your soundbar).

I really don't know for certain, but it's worth a try.  I don't have this issue and like you, I have my soundbar connected to my TV via HDMI ARC and the cable box connected to another HDMI port.  I never turn my cable box off, so I don't know if it would wake the TV the way I have it connected.  If you try this, please let us know the results.

Aircl65
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well its been 2 weeks so far and I have not had the tv turn on at night ever since I changed out the Sony soundbar.  Hopefully they come out with a patch that will fix whatever the issue was/is.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for keeping us posted!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.