cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My ps4 pro does 2 rounds of black screen tv off then on, 1st time is around 2 mins after machine is on, the 2nd around 10mins (whether in a game or idle) very frustrating especially when playing online!! It has been suggested on other forums that setting the ps4 to hdcp 1.4 instead of hdcp 2.2 has fixed this for some, I havent tried this. In fact the assumption that samsung expect us (the customer) to rectify our tvs faults rather than getting their finger out and fixing it themselves is ridiculous. This is a brand new 2017 television, whats the story Samsung???

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are gabbing the same issue, and we have a Samsung sound bar, and it is connected with the Optical cable, not HDMI.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userMs4rglmH8n, does it turn on to a particular source?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My tv turned it on twice last night it seems to be getting worse!

Not happy at all about this and Samsung answer is to turn of anynet which is one of the best features of the t.v!

IS there any lawyers on this forum so we can take these idiots to court over this! Bloody 2 grand telly that won t stop turning on WTF!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi SamsungGill,

There are 8 pages of comments noting this issue with the MU8000. I bought one and had it delivered last week, I spent time wall-mounting and cable-organizing my beautiful new TV only to find that it turns itself on at least 3-5 times a day if left plugged in. I

I really couldn't care to spend any more time troubleshooting the TV for Samsung. Please let us know if this issue will be resolved via a software patch (and soon) otherwise I'll return the TV and never purchase a Samsung product again as long as I live. There are plenty of alternative (and better) products on the market there's no need for anyone to have to deal with these kinds of issues right out of the box.

Thank you.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes! What they said! This  TV has been turning on in the middle of the night  for the past 3 months and I’m over it. FIX the problem! And the Samsung “help” people on this thread are worthless. Give us some answers. 

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has these contact with moderators ever helped anyone??. SHould we all start a twitter campaign?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I just messaged Michelle my information. I will keep you posted.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The response from Michelle:

"Regrettably, disabling CEC is the only way for this not to occur. "

Unfortunately it does not seem that Samsung has much interest in remedying the issue. Seeing as that I have no interest in replacing my high end Sony sound bar, or disabling CEC and having to use 4 remotes to control my devices, I've already contacted the retailer that I purchased the TV from for an exchange. I'm getting the Sony X900E instead.