cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userb4D9EzLeHB
Asteroid

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds as if they are throwing noodles at the wall--I have the same problem but my set doesn't come with a OneConnect box.

I am on the fence as to return or not to return my MU6300, which I purchased a couple of weeks ago on Amazon.  It seems as though Samsung isn't that interested in actually fixing the problem (though their support people are very nice), in spite of years of complaints.  Had I done better research, I would not have purchased the TV.

Scared the heck out of my wife first time it happened--some kind of thriller was on and two guys were talking in hushed but aggressive voices--she was sure we had burglars.  

userBw52IPikHq
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree. My Samsung tv has this problem, turning on during the early hours. If I turn it off again its back on 10 min or 15 minutes later. I'm about to buy a new tv and even though everything I own is Samsung this new tv won't be! FIX please Samsung!

Highlighted
userb4D9EzLeHB
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine usually turns on in the middle of the night (2:30am or so), but it just turned on now, about half an hour ago at exactly 4:40 pm.  Samsung, we know you have the ability to attend to this problem, which appears to be nearly universal to all models of your smart TV.  Please, please help.

userC9dhVyLqCL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had my Samsung Note 5 connected to our receiver via Bluetooth to play Pandora and the tv just kept turning on by itself. I shut off the tv then come back in the room in like 20 minutes and the tv is back on. Shut off the receiver and I don't have the problem of it turning on. However I went into my phone and disconnected my phone from connecting to the tv via Bluetooth so I will see if that helps. I actually did like having the ability of using the smart view capability. 

I just wish when we all buy something so expensive it didn't have so many bugs. We have had a few problems with this tv since we bought it 6 months ago and even had to return the first one because the screen was flickering. 

usergVpsvA2lwr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i had this problem and samsung could not help,it just kept happening, so i got a remote controlled plug socket that turns power off, as socket hard to reach, and it does not happen anymore

userdaXrHyIvm1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's great. I would be scared if my TV would turn on even when it doesn't get any power from the wall plug.

userfSMxmtGXV1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I JUST bought a 55" Samsung UHD TV. Model number: UN55MU8000FXZA.  The last two nights the TV has turned itself on.  I have a DirecTV box connected via HDMI.  Could the DirecTV box be switching on and triggering the TV to turn on? Help!

Smithy001
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here, UK Samsung 55MU8000 randomly switching off and on and more worryingly switching itself on at full volume in the middle of the night. This issue really needs addressing soon. Connected devices are Ps4 Pro, BT Youview Ultra HD Box, Panasonic AV Receiver/Blu Ray and an Amazon Fire TV Stick.

userG7alYugB6v
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At the moment I disabled anynet+ and the TV stopped turning itself ON again. Of course this is only half a solution since I lost the convenience of HDMI CEC, especially to control the volume...

I noticed the firmware was updated, i'll try to enable it again and see how it goes.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Keep us posted.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.