cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have same issue with Samsung 65 MU7070 (UK Version of MU8000).

Yamaha Soundbar YSP2500 plugged into HDMI ARC with HDMI CEC enabled. When I leave the TV in standby it comes on every hour or so and over night. Ran a number of tests and have isolated issue to HDMI 4 when  ARC device plugged in. If I plug another HDMI device such as Blu Ray or apple tv in to HDMI 4 there appears to be no issue.

Current workaround is to use optical connection for my sound bar but have lost convenience of automated sound bar power on and off and one remote volume control. Was thinking this was an issue with my sound bar but sounds like a common issue for lots of people.

Really frustrating.  Also I swapped my MU7070 TV for another MU7070  and had same issue so definitely a common problem for all sets. Really hoping this gets resolved in a future patch.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung - can you confirm you have this logged as an issue and when do you plan to resolve?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have waited a long time to get this tv, Samsung 49in  mu7070 and haven’t had it 48hrs when the problem of it turning itself on started.only have Samsung sound bar connected  and now tv box.can anyone please tell me how to stop this.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To be honest i cant be bothered chasing this anymore, Samsung arent bothered so neither am i. Going to follow it through the repair process then refund it and get an LG. Such a shame i saved for quite a while to get a Samdung because i thought they were meant to be a good brand. This TV's picture cuts out on my ps4 whilst playing online, my led strip lighting connected via the rear usb switches on and off during the night, i have to fully switch off my cable box to prevent the tv switching on during the night and scaring the £€÷¥ out of the mrs. Its just not good enough so its off to Lucky Goldstar i go and hopefully spend £1200 on something that actually works as advertised!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No.   We think it was the sony sound bar turning it on.   The tv would turn on and the sound bar would try to connect to my phone. It was also connected via the hdmi4arc

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well it's been a few days now and the tv hasn't turned itself back on since we took the sony sound bar back.   Not saying it's fixed yet.   Just an update. There must be a problem with the arc connection on the tv.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have a 55" UN55MU6290FXZA that I purchased in late November.  I also have a Sony sound bar connected via HDMI-ARC in my HDMI 3 port.  My fiancé and I have found the TV turning on by itself at various points throughout the night, almost every night. However, it only seems to turn on by itself - never has it turned off

For troubleshooting, I have disabled HDMI-ARC for the HDMI 3 port.  The TV stopped turning on by itself.  I have also unplugged the sound bar completely from the wall - The TV also stopped turning on by itself. 

Disabling HDMI-ARC is not ideal however, since I lose the ability to control the volume of my sound bar with my TV remote.  I also lose the ability to have the sound bar turn on automatically when the TV is powered on.

Somehow, the sound bar is powering on the TV via HDMI-ARC - not sure if the sound bar is looking for updates via the internet, etc.  

I'm not sure how something that is only utilized to output sound (such as a sound bar) has the capicity to turn on the television. It isn't providing any video or audio input, like an Xbox or Blu-ray player would.  

Is this something that can be fixed via a software patch?

Nick

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue with the MU8000 (US). Disabled anynet+ and disconnected HDMI4. I am now using my home theater from opical audio. TV made it the whole night without turning on. Is there any solution coming to be able to use HDMI4-ARC without the TV turning on by itself?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just bought a 55MU7000 (uk) and same problem, the TV turns on by itself.

The mu7000 one box has the hdmi arc connected to a yamaha receiver on arc and a Panasonic bluray and talktalk box connect to the reciver via hdmi.

Firmware is upto date. 

I also don't understand why the TV should turn on if a device is coming on, perhaps the talk talk box to record? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Have you made sure Auto Off isn't turned on under Eco Settings?