cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on >> Here is the reason it is happening and the workarou

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Confirmed:

Yes, no doubt it is anynet.  Is Samsung willing to fix the software bug that makes it happen?

In my case, it appears to have issues with the soundbar, which was previously plugged into ARC HDMI.  Disconnecting that and using optical input results in no more of tv turning itself on.  Unfortunately, that means that I also lose the convenience of one remote.  I have three now.  Will Samsung fix this so the television works the way it is supposed to?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on >> Here is the reason it is happening and the workarou

JUMP TO SOLUTION

<bump>

Samsung, are you going to fix the bug?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Fix the bug samsung !
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone else found any other forums discussing this issue? This seems to be the only one I can find.

I want to see if anyone else has found any workarounds since Samsung can't seem to give us any answers besides disabling Anynet.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is it? I read the entire thread and didn’t see anything that resolved the problem 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: 2017 Samsung UN40MU6290FXZA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

having the same problems with my Samsung UN40MU6290FXZA

turns on by itself in the middle of the night and during the day ! what a piece of junk this is

! I contacted Samsung twice and no help  300 bucks for this 40 inch and doesnt work right

Samsung get off your  butts and do something! this is now 2018

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just adding another grumpy voice, because we just got a 65” 8-series and it randomly turns on multiple times per day! Really!? I’ve never had a tv do this and it makes it seem like such a poor product, at such a high price tag. And Samsung has contributed little-to-nothing on this post, despite 10+ pages of people being frustrated. Would really love to see a response Samsung!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I contacted Samsung tech support about my Samsung UN40MU6290FXZA turning on all hours of the Day and night by iyself and they asked if I had a Amazon fire stick or a Apple TV box Connected I told them I had a 

Amazon fire stick connected to this TV and they said thats  the problem and  there TV"s dont turn on byselves so I disconected the Amazon fire stick and guess what! the TV still came on by itself! GEE whiz go figure that! heres another thing I have another one of these UN40MU6290FXZA in another room in my house with afire stick connected  and have had no problems with the tv coming on by it self! I bought this TV Refurbished by Samsung  so whata bet Samsung got this thing back and replaced the faulty part which fixed the problem of coming on by itself turned around and put out again for sale,  SO SAMSUNG WHY ARE YOUR TECHS NOT COMING CLEAN WITH THE PROBLEM WHEN CUSTOMERS CALL  INSTEAD OF LEADING ALL OF US IN ALL THE WRONG PATH !

I DEMAND A RECALL!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Samsung UN65MU7000. My TV also turns itself on by itself very regularly. I've had this tv for 3 months and it averages turning itself on 2-3x per day. I should have returned it, but I kept hoping it would get fixed with an update. I have tried resetting the tv to factory settings, unplugging all connected devices, removing the batteries from the remote control, and disconnecting it from wifi (and ethernet). It still turns itself on. 

And of course, whenever it turns itself on, it will then turn on its connected devices. Super annoying, especially for the cost of the TV. I have spent so many hours on trial and error troubleshooting this issue. It is absolutely the TV turning on by itself. I have resorted to just taking the remote with me to bed. Even though the TV is in my living room, I'm able to turn it off from my bedroom.

Given the level of support recieved on this issue, I doubt I will consider getting another Samsung product again in the future.