cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does optical connection to soundbar work or same issue ?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usereL8eRGE0BF I believe using an optical cable is a workaround for this issue, but then you lose the functionality of ARC/AnyNet as well as only needing 1 remote.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I Got the UE65MU9000 with same problem (Europ version of MU8000)

connected to Yamaha YSP 2500 and the TV tunrning itself. 

very disappointing from samsung support.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only way this is going to get fixed is by bringing attention to the problem . This TV currently has a 4+ star rating on Amazon.com.  Why would Samsung fix it if it is selling so well?

Samsung customer service / tech support does nothing.  But tell you to shut off Anynet.   

Get on Amazon, Best Buy etc and post a review.  Link your review to this thread.  

There isn't a fix right now, but there could be.  Samsung? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good idea. I just posted the review on Amazon.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only solution that has worked for me is plugging all external devices and the TV into a power strip and shutting the power strip off at night. This is my least perferred solution, but the only one I have found that works. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I saw a software update came out last night - Version 1156. 

Any idea if this is what it corrects?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I spent £2500 on a 75” and experiencing this problem. I have read that low battery problems could be the issue but the TV is new, so I doubt it’s that but will try anyways including those you mentioned. Otherwise, I’m completely clueless, don’t have any idea why and would be extremely upset if I have to return it because it’s awesome otherwise.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does anyone think this could be a problem with a bad HDMI cord, such as the one that is usually supplied with a sound bar?

I originally thought this may be the case, but due to the vast amount of people reporting this problem, this undeniably seems to be a problem with the Samsung tv itself. 

Just wondering if anyone has tried replacing the HDMI cable in the #3 slot and if this did anything. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Certainly nothing to do with hdmi cables, most posters in this thread have been down that road, this is inherently a samsung issue relating to either hdmi cec or hdcp 2.2