Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Keep us posted.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Model No. UN32C6500VF flat screen Samsung that turns itself on all day long.  I come home from work at lunch: it's on.  I come home after picking up my son from baseball: it's on.  We're eating dinnner: it turns on.  We're doing homework with the kids: it turns on.  We're trying to put the kids to bed: it's on again.  It's the middle of the night and I get up to get some water: it's on.  We go out to the family room in the morning: it's on.  

I'm going to sent my electric bill to Samsung and demand they pay me back for selling a product that isn't just faulty; it's a nuisance!

But I know that approach gets me nowhere because, based on the long list of people with the same problem, and who have not gotten help yet.

So my remedy is probably to buy a different model.  Reading through this topic; it does not seem like anyone has checked "solved".

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hey, if we all share on facebook, each of these posts, so that our friends see that Samsung's tv's are faulty and a nuisance and yet Samsung makes no effort to fix the problem, maybe that would get their attention.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m having the same issue with a brand new UHD series 7 TV. Very frustrating and waking my kids up in the night. What is the solution? This seems absurd

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userdOKzFx0X9f  HQ along with the mods and other Samsung Employees monitor all threads. This allows for us to escalate issues for you guys to make engineering and development aware of any arising or ongoing issues that are happening. You can also provide feedback via the Samsung+ app using the "Send Feedback" option. The feedback provided by consumers in Samsung Plus can be directly accessed by our teams and engineers to get more critical insight into user issues. They can analyze the issue logs and possibly come up with a resolution for us more quickly.

userOysn0P9Gw6 Can you run a small test for us? Can you disconnect the One Connect box over-night and tell us if the TV still powers on by itself?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My new 75” 8000 series tv turns itself on every night without exception.  I have a Denon receiver on the HDMI ARC port and an Apple TV on another HDMI port.  I have a Sony soundbar on the optical out port.  This is absolutely ridiculous, I spent a fortune on this TV and it has this obvious defect that a large number of people are experiencing, with no recall or fix offered by Samsung.  Please fix this ASAP or expect a class action.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do the 2018 models have the same issue? I am about to buy can't decide 2017 model to save money or buy 2018 model?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply Cole. Ive noticed the one connect box has been ditched for the 2018 models and its back to the rear of the sets for connections. Is one connect the issue here ??

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Some 2018 model TVs do have the one connect so it's not 100% guaranteed that that is the issue. If it is though, I'd like to see about getting a new box out to those that need one. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have the same problem. New to this chain. Got a 75" series 8000 from Costco a month ago. Connected to Yamaha receiver via HDMI-ARC. TV has the One Connect. I'm using the cable provider (Comcast) remote to control everything.

TV turns itself on randomly at least once a week, usually at night. Tried unplugging. Disconnected Smart Hub. Didnt want to disconnect Anynet since that's desirable feature.

Any fixes yet?

B