cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOysn0P9Gw6
Astronaut

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m having the same issue with a brand new UHD series 7 TV. Very frustrating and waking my kids up in the night. What is the solution? This seems absurd

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userdOKzFx0X9f  HQ along with the mods and other Samsung Employees monitor all threads. This allows for us to escalate issues for you guys to make engineering and development aware of any arising or ongoing issues that are happening. You can also provide feedback via the Samsung+ app using the "Send Feedback" option. The feedback provided by consumers in Samsung Plus can be directly accessed by our teams and engineers to get more critical insight into user issues. They can analyze the issue logs and possibly come up with a resolution for us more quickly.

userOysn0P9Gw6 Can you run a small test for us? Can you disconnect the One Connect box over-night and tell us if the TV still powers on by itself?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

users6k6zcSGMI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My new 75” 8000 series tv turns itself on every night without exception.  I have a Denon receiver on the HDMI ARC port and an Apple TV on another HDMI port.  I have a Sony soundbar on the optical out port.  This is absolutely ridiculous, I spent a fortune on this TV and it has this obvious defect that a large number of people are experiencing, with no recall or fix offered by Samsung.  Please fix this ASAP or expect a class action.

usereL8eRGE0BF
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do the 2018 models have the same issue? I am about to buy can't decide 2017 model to save money or buy 2018 model?

Smithy001
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply Cole. Ive noticed the one connect box has been ditched for the 2018 models and its back to the rear of the sets for connections. Is one connect the issue here ??

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Some 2018 model TVs do have the one connect so it's not 100% guaranteed that that is the issue. If it is though, I'd like to see about getting a new box out to those that need one. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userg6kpG8wgtD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have the same problem. New to this chain. Got a 75" series 8000 from Costco a month ago. Connected to Yamaha receiver via HDMI-ARC. TV has the One Connect. I'm using the cable provider (Comcast) remote to control everything.

TV turns itself on randomly at least once a week, usually at night. Tried unplugging. Disconnected Smart Hub. Didnt want to disconnect Anynet since that's desirable feature.

Any fixes yet?

B

Highlighted
Viryu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have MU6472 TV. Recently I've bought a new Sony soundbar and connected it via HDMI ARC. The TV turns on by itself anywhere between 20 minutes and 8 hours since last use. Especially annoying in the middle of the night. I've tried connecting the devices with optical+standard HDMI, but the issue was still present. It seems the TVs Anynet function is faulty. Thing is, turning it off isunacceptable, as I'd have to use a second remote to control the soundbar, instead of the TV's remote. After reading the 12 pages here, it seems there is no real fix yet, the only solution is waiting for an OS update. Current OS used on the TV is 1210.8.

PS. For people having problems with Samsung TV x PS4 Pro, go to the PS4 settings and turn off HDCP. If that doesn't help, go to display settings and switch everything from auto to RGB/full. LG and Sony TVs have had it resolved for months, no idea why Samsung is so slow on fixing it on their side. The only option is to disadvise buying Samsung TVs to anyone if these problems are not fixed.
Smithy001
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Viryu  Did u experience any random black screen drop outs of picture whilst ps4 pro was on automatic settings?? My auto settings detect 2160rgb for non hdr games and yuv422 (10bit) for hdr games however what seems to fix the black screen dropouts is having yuv420 (8 bit)which is rubbish because the tv is 10bit capable and the ps4 is detecting rgb kinda annoyed as to why the downgrade to yuv420 to stop the screen blacking out? Any ideas ..

usereL8eRGE0BF
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will the next Firmware address this issue?