cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user34mui8y3BU
Asteroid

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. I have a MU6105 connected to a Nvidia Shield Tv 2017 since August working great with two firmware updates since then. I had the TV with no internet access to avoid this kind of problems. One weeks ago I had to connect the tv to the internet and updated the firmware to the lastest version. Since then the TV has been waking up shortly after I tuned off the TV and the Shield and the TV remote acting erratically when I was using the Shield through HDMI-CEC. Then I realized that the only thing that changed was the TV firmware.

I tuned off Anynet+ HDMI-CEC and the turning on problem was gone but I cant use the feature that I matter the most so it is not a solution whatsoever.

I am waiting form a firmware update to solve this problem.

Sorry for my english, it is not my strong suit.

Highlighted
Viryu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user34mui8y3BU, if it happened after a firmware update? Could you make a factory reset and check if that helps? I'm not willing to resign on using HDMI ARC myself, but doing a total factory reset and disconnecting the TV from internet is a viable solution. 

Viryu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Well, that kinda failed. I did a factory reset, but the OS is still stuck at 1210, and the TV still kept turning itself on. How to reset the OS to original settings?
user9kuNozsFH5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can categorically say that this isn't (only) due to connected devices as this has happened a few times with our ue32m5520 in the bedroom which has nothing connected and just used for netflix etc. 

user4G7baJxHJE
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Me too. Nothing physically connected apart from coax aerial. Wifi for netflix. Switched itself on at 4am this morning.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user4G7baJxHJE: Could you provide the model of your television?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userfGKQgYsdNb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My customer has a UN55MU8000 that keeps turning on in the middle of the night.  They are using a Sonos Playbar with the optical connection.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you connected to a receiver by any chance?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userfGKQgYsdNb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is the setup:

3 x UN65MU8000

1 x UN55MU8000

3 x random LG TVs

1 x Key Digital KD-HD8X8Lite HD Base T HDMI matrix

3 x Dishnet satellite receivers

2 x Apple TVs

Sonos Playbars on the Samsung TVs

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you have them try disabling Anynet+ for an evening to see if this reoccurs?