cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

“Disable CEC”?!?  Seriously?  That's a core feature of the product.  And the best technical support had  to offer is to disable it?.   Someone on the software team needs to try harder because that is not a legitimate answer to this problem.  My 58mu6100 tv just turned back on 3 times within 10 minutes.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add one more person grumpy owner to this list. I haven't watched TV in two days and was just woken up at 5:00am by it blasting in my living room.

I’ll give Samsung a reasonable chance to respond then I’m bringing it back to Costco. Forget dealing with Samsung’s warranty - The real way to force a manufacturer to respond is to irritate them through the sales channel. Thank goodness for Costco’s commitment to it’s customers.

Please pull it together quickly here Samsung. This is 100% unacceptable and we are not the voiceless in our respective societies: We are owners of a premium product owned by consumers with means and you’re giving us a motive to act unless you take this opportunity to provide a reasonable fix aside from the ridiculous one SamsungMichelle has suggested in this thread...

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any suggestions on what other make of TV to go for with similar specs around the £1000 mark. Not farting around with the mu8000 anymore, the company just arent interested, I think this thread proves that.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not true as I have a samsung sound bar which came with my  MU 7070 tv and I still get the same problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got the same issue on 1-week old 75MU6300FXZA. It's connected on the ARC port to a Sony HT-CT390 soundbar. The other connections are to an Xbox 1, and a Roku Premiere+. The issue does not seem to occur if I unplug the soundbar.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Turning off anynet definitely cures it on mine but that is the main reason I bought this tv with the Samsung soundbar and subwoofer. This needs sorting Samsung! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This thread was started 11-24-2017, still no responsible solution from Samsung. I also have the MU8000/55", no sound bar, no cable, no PS4. MU8000 hard-wired to Netgear Orbi system, sound out to Integra Receiver. Prior to Orbi network, MU8000 was doing the mysterious turn-itself-on. Appears that the 'official' Samsung responses on this thread are haphazard and basically clueless. I am joining the ranks of next TV will NOT be a Samsung. 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung QA is aware of this issue and currently undergoing tests to reproduce it.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Turning off Anynet+ on my MU6300 prevented the TV from turning on by itself, but if I turn on the TV it does not allow audio output over HDMI to the soundbar, it just shows options for optical and TV. I need to turn on the TV, enable Anynet+ and then reboot the soundbar for it to actually output ver HDMI.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly same issue i have regarding hdmi receiver sound,sometimes loses connection and shows tv speaker or optical audio only, its a pain to get hdmi receiver sound back again, these televisions are a nightmare in digital form!!