cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZTVjC0SMqA
Constellation

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not true as I have a samsung sound bar which came with my  MU 7070 tv and I still get the same problem.

userRF5J7bweP3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got the same issue on 1-week old 75MU6300FXZA. It's connected on the ARC port to a Sony HT-CT390 soundbar. The other connections are to an Xbox 1, and a Roku Premiere+. The issue does not seem to occur if I unplug the soundbar.

userCPHeQRS96s
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Turning off anynet definitely cures it on mine but that is the main reason I bought this tv with the Samsung soundbar and subwoofer. This needs sorting Samsung! 

uservSOO2NEm9h
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This thread was started 11-24-2017, still no responsible solution from Samsung. I also have the MU8000/55", no sound bar, no cable, no PS4. MU8000 hard-wired to Netgear Orbi system, sound out to Integra Receiver. Prior to Orbi network, MU8000 was doing the mysterious turn-itself-on. Appears that the 'official' Samsung responses on this thread are haphazard and basically clueless. I am joining the ranks of next TV will NOT be a Samsung. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung QA is aware of this issue and currently undergoing tests to reproduce it.

userRF5J7bweP3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Turning off Anynet+ on my MU6300 prevented the TV from turning on by itself, but if I turn on the TV it does not allow audio output over HDMI to the soundbar, it just shows options for optical and TV. I need to turn on the TV, enable Anynet+ and then reboot the soundbar for it to actually output ver HDMI.

Smithy001
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly same issue i have regarding hdmi receiver sound,sometimes loses connection and shows tv speaker or optical audio only, its a pain to get hdmi receiver sound back again, these televisions are a nightmare in digital form!!

Highlighted
usereL8eRGE0BF
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does optical connection to soundbar work or same issue ?

userRF5J7bweP3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usereL8eRGE0BF I believe using an optical cable is a workaround for this issue, but then you lose the functionality of ARC/AnyNet as well as only needing 1 remote.

userKgJYwKXWAF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I Got the UE65MU9000 with same problem (Europ version of MU8000)

connected to Yamaha YSP 2500 and the TV tunrning itself. 

very disappointing from samsung support.