cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send your model and serial number to this link, and we will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userYKd1z4aqRn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If would help if Samsung would have some clear advice and come clean about their software bugs. Everyone is sick and tired of their tvs coming on randomly after shelling out hard earned money for them. Everyone told update firmware when Samsung knows full well there is no more firmware in the UK for the MU7000 model. Have turned off auto update of apps, auto update of software, have replaced hdmi cables, turned off and unplugged all other devices, factory reset my soundbar and tv, tried both wifi and ethernet, turned off soundbar blutooth, and disabled all tv internet connections (i.e. switched off wifi completely).  Have reset t.v. 10 times. All a complete and utter waste of time.  Your support is misplaced, you blame other devices all the time yet have no debug/logging for your own tv which the engineers could use to troubleshoot. Only thing in your favour was engineers switching out components but it's all still shambolic. My t.v. stll turns on automatically in the middle of the night when connected to my Sony soundbar via HDMI. It's an absolute joke.

userLnOC8MNKKt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They won't accept it mate. I've had technicians out. And gone thru all sorts of tests.

It's clearly a software issue. 

userYKd1z4aqRn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't buy Samsung. Don't give them your money. They don't care about identifying your problems. They will change parts but it's all a waste of time. Their TV software is dodgy to say the least, scroll menus force scroll up and down only. When you get to the end you can't scroll back to the top by pressing down once. You can do this in the engineer menu because it obviously saves them time. But not in the user menu. You would think they would roll out the same function for users but that would be stupid to assume.  Menu has items sporadically laid out, e.g. you have to go to 2 different places to stop auto updates, you have to go to 3 different places to check eco settings, You cannot remove some of the crappy apps they install forcibly install.. Still stuck on crappy 1221 firmware when other countries have a later one.  You cannot switch off bluetooth. You are never sure wifi is really off. You have no access to basic logging telling you which device turned on the TV. Can you actually turn off wifi, just where samsung ? You cannot turn off local dimming. Firmware updates stop and are even rolled back making your TV obsolete and useless. Remote control is extremely badly laid out whilst it's replacement is much better it's the complete opposite with a lack of buttons. This Mu7000 TV has been abandoned by Samsung with your good money going to waste. Would I buy Samsung again? No way.

userAN8xPjwidu
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a workaround for this if you have any home cinema system on HDMI ARC.

Simply switch the audio to tv speaker before you turn the tv off and it will not turn on by itself.

The next time you turn on the tv just switch back to audio system from tv speaker and the tv turns it on.

Thats the easiest and less annoying workaround to this software issue.

BTW I have a Sony Soundbar

userCPHeQRS96s
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I find this works also. If I turn everything off in a certain order it seems to cure it.

I turn my sky off first, my Samsung soundbar off 2nd (connected through HDMI arc) which then switches the sound to tv. I always turn volumes to minimum as a precaution then I turn the tv off last. 

I've done it this way for a month or so now and I've had no further issues 

user45BLtFw6IU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Extremely annoying issue. Like everyone else here, I have tried resetting, plugging things back in with a different order, etc but it is without a doubt related to samsungs buggy implementation of CEC (anynet).

My receiver is on a totally different floor so to switch to optical I would have to add an IR blaster, get optical cables and a universal remote. 

Please fix samsung!!

userdZoEmMoSSv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you by any chance, an Apple TV user?

user3022WnqBDW
Constellation

2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem and put in a ticket online and got a phone call from Samsung and I was told that 1800samsung will have to remote into my tv and disable the standby mode because that is what is causing it to come back on by itself, I can't believe after all these post no one from samsung has posted that it is a known issue with I guess all the tv's that have standfby mode enabled. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user3022WnqBDW - Please make sure the CEC options are disabled on all connected devices. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.