cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user38LVpc1aBV
Constellation

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Most likely not. They've known about this for a long time and it's probably not an easy fix if they're deciding to ignore it. My first Samsung TV and I'm hugely disappointed

Viryu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Smithy001, I've just recently turned those options, so far it was ok. For your yuv in hdr, you need a better hdmi cable. I have 2 cables, one standard ARC, and the other super premium quality with ARC. When I've connected the standard one to PS4, it has shown that at 2160p with hdr/60fps it would switch to yuv, but with the better cable it kept everything at RGB.

Smithy001
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Viryu cheers for quick reply. From what ive read 2160p rgb with hdr is not possible due to hdmi 2.0 bandwidth limitations therefore yuv422 comes into play when hdr games are detected.

Highlighted
user3aCF11nWjS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My Samsung 65'' Q6FN does have this issue. It wakes me up every night at approximately 3:45 am. I've had the TV for two weeks.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have a set top box connected to the television by any chance?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get back to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userdv64wWpZSn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung 2018 Q9F was doing this also with a Yamaha soundbar connected via HDMI (ARC)

After 3 weeks of troubleshooting, it came down to the HDMI cable. Even though the cables I tried are printed high speed on the cable, it still didn't work. I tried 3 different cables.

What worked was a cable labled that it was arc compatible on the package. Changed the cable, reset the the tv's Smart Hub by using the TV's menu. Turned on the TV and then plugged the soundbar into the HDMI ARC input on the Smart Hub, tv recognized it, changed the sound to HDMI receiver and now everything works. No turning on by itself anymore.

Resetting the Smart Hub required me to re-connect to my Samsung account and re-do all of my Apps.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you're up and runnning.  

userl523qwxaI6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve had this problem for months and eventually found a specifically labelled ARC compatible HDMI cable resolved it. Shame Samsung couldn’t have been helpful and proactively suggested this to save customers a lot of time and effort. 

userNpQwRzyAYX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased a 65NU7100 last week and connected it to a Bose soundbar and saw this issue the first two nights. I have SmartThings in my home so my device event logs showed that the TV turned on around 12:37am the first nightnigh I discovered it was on 20 hours later!

I enabled auto turn off the next day so that the TV turned itself off after 4 hours of inactivity. This time the TV turned at 1:45am and auto turned off at 5:45am.

After reading through all 21 pages of this thread and multiple Bose threads, I attempted the following:

1) Turn off the auto wake feature of the Bose soundbar

2) Turn off auto update on my Samsung TV

3) Manually run a pending software update on my TV

I didn't turn of CEC because that's an essential feature for me. 

It's been 3 nights so far after I attempted all of the above and my TV hasn't auto turned on in the middle of the night (or any other time of the day).