cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Viryu
Constellation

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I've tried that. I've turned off auto update, manually updated to 1250 and... it didn't even take an hour and the TV turned itself on.

Samsung UE40MU6472 + Sony HT-SF200 soundbar setup
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Viryu; Good morning, I am sorry to hear of this. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user5XmzNizkmp
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In case you didn't notice the 20+ pages in this thread, this is clearly not a US specific issue.  So regardless of what planet he's on, there's a problem with samsung's smart tv's across the board.  I've got a UN58MU6100F and it turns itself on whenever the heck it feels like it - middle of the day, middle of the night, 15 minutes after I've turned it off, there's no pattern.  

I propose we start sending samsung our power bills.  In my case, the TV turning on also turns on my amplifier (and the previous amp that was a totally different brand/model).  

Also, samsung, get your TV+ off my TV.  I didn't sign up for adverts - between TV itself and the internet, we get enough crammed down our throats as it is without having the stuff we paid for ALSO doing it.  And by off my tv, I mean get rid of the stupid "Sponsered" spot or one of you is going to end up getting my power bills.  You[Samsung] already got my money!

userw0ugsOHg7R
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
why not just post the possible resolution(s)
userAN8xPjwidu
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Please show me what cable is it because I have the same problem and I want to buy a new one which is exactly the same You have!

Thank You!

Otherwise Samsung if You see that it is a solution for people using audio system why dont You offer us a cable?

userAN8xPjwidu
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello,
Please show me what cable is it because I have the same problem and I want to buy a new one which is exactly the same You have!
Thank You!

Otherwise Samsung if You see that it is a solution for people using audio system why dont You offer us a cable?
Highlighted
userl523qwxaI6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the one I bought. It was from amazon.co.uk but if you can't find the same then look for one that's specifically labelled as ARC compatible. If you look at all the posts over this 20+ page thread, the one thing most people have in common is that they're using some sort of external sound system over an ARC connection. I do think it's Samsung at fault, as my previous TV never turned itself on with the exact same external set up. But replacing my old cable with this one certainly seems to help.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DYQ2BOK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

userX6HZmc3GN7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue.  Called Samsung support several times.  They sent a tech to my house with a special remote that gets to the special interface but wasn't fixed.  I noticed that it started after I changed internet router from Apple to a Linksys Nighthawk.   When not connected to router this does not happen.   

After calling Samsung again I went to Linksys. After a month of back and forth they gave me a dev build of their firmware which fixed it. Then they put the update in their main builds. Worked fine for months. Now after a Samsung update and a Router firmware update, it's back. The only solution I can find to prevent the random power on is to turn off the TV wifi. So now I'm back to that. Rather pointless to have a "smart" tv if you cannot use the smart options. 

On would think that samsung would test their TV software with one of the most popular routers on the market. I'm very disapointed with Samsung's software quality. Prior to Samsung I had Panasonic and never had a single issue.  

user3022WnqBDW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Linksys Doesn’t make Nighthawk, Netgear does so I’m not sure any of your solutions are valid considering you called the wrong company to support a router they don’t sell. Please try to post a valid answer because I am trying to fix this issue as well.
userH4k4keZAfF
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userl523qwxaI6 wrote:

This is the one I bought. It was from amazon.co.uk but if you can't find the same then look for one that's specifically labelled as ARC compatible. If you look at all the posts over this 20+ page thread, the one thing most people have in common is that they're using some sort of external sound system over an ARC connection. I do think it's Samsung at fault, as my previous TV never turned itself on with the exact same external set up. But replacing my old cable with this one certainly seems to help.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DYQ2BOK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@userl523qwxaI6 I bought the same cable and it did not fix my issue. 

Sony soundbar and HDMI arc = switching itself on still...

Ive had TWO Samsung people try to fix this and it still turns itself on. Turned off all auto updates/wakes/power saving and still does it. Only disabling hdmi arc on the soundbar works which is pointless because that’s why I bought it. 

Not or buying a Samsung telly again.