cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user3zV52NwVzt
Asteroid

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also growing very frustrated by this issue. I am now on the second Samsung TV purchased from Costco and it is turning itself on every few days. But here’s the weirdest part...I don’t have a sound bar connected, and I don’t use any of the HDMI ports (I’m a little old school and use only devices that require RCA connections). So I have an older DVD player, VCR and PlayStation 2 connected via an RCA switch box. In addition, I don’t have cable or satellite, only 2 local news channels that I get over the air with an amplified antenna. The tv most often turns on in the middle of the night, but sometimes it’s on when I get home from work in the evening. The firmware is up to date, I turned off eco settings, and I have tried removing batteries from the remote each night. Nothing has solved the issue. I am ready to return the tv for a second time to Costco, but this time I won’t be purchasing another Samsung! Tv model number is UN50NU7100F. It’s a smart tv and was purchased in Canada. I expect more from Samsung, who’s representative told me over the phone that this problem has not been reported before...I don’t believe it! 

user3zV52NwVzt
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also forgot to mention that sometimes when I find it turned on, it has managed to launch the Internet app by itself! Creepy! 

userl523qwxaI6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

26 pages of posts from multiple countries, multiple engineer visits, multiple configurations, returned sets... and still Samsung TVs randomly turning on. And this just from the folk who find this forum and bother to post to it.

At what point, Samsung, do you admit there's clearly a problem here of your making, take responsibility and fix it?

Anzac_Sonata
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My HDMI input memory problem is STILL persisting after a SECOND day of techs coming to the house to fix it, so I don't know if the "TV turns itself on" issue (which I have too on my NU8000) is ever going to be fixed, either...

Highlighted
userK70EU0t3Uy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, my problem is fixed....turned out to be my router sending signals to the tv to turn on  I had a Netgear router. Once i turned off my router the tv never turned back on.  I checked on a Netgear forum and i am not the only one having this issue. I bought a more updated router (my old one was several years old) and the problem has been solved.

View solution in original post

user5XmzNizkmp
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't have a netgear router - or netgear anything for that matter and still have this problem.. I'm glad it solved it for you though.

userK70EU0t3Uy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You might not have a Netgear router, but its worth a try to disconnect your router to see if the problem still persists.

user5XmzNizkmp
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has gone on with 3 different routers (2 with the same brand) for me - a TP Link, a Ubiquiti Edge Router X and Edge Router 4.

I'm sure unplugging the router would fix that... it would also kill my internet connection..  I don't actually have TV service so killing internet would defeat the purpose of having the TV in the first place.  

What did you replace your router with?  I could see a case being made for some traffic being blocked/allowed by default having something to do with it.

userc6DGGxf94W
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. Last night it happened twice. Wakes me up when I hear voices. I now turn off the sound bar before going to bed. My router is an Arris. Does anyone know if this is also the problem?

userUibv4lfFyD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK my new 2018 72" Q9 is turning on also, so this is a real problem ......today is 07/15/2019