Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useruB5KhYDAkA
Constellation

2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung MU8000, brand new turns itself on?!  I have: 

Updated the firmware through the Television menu.  Still had the issue.

A soft reset (unplug from the mains for 2 minutes) still have the issue. 

Full reset and this still didn't work.

Updated to latest firmware from the support website (newer version than the TV will find) installed from the USB.  Powered it off and 20 minutes later it turned itself on.

Disconnected it from the internet.  It still turned itself on.

Disconnected PS4 from HDMI 1,  it still happens.

My only other considration is it's somthing to do with the HDMI ARC or the software that controls this. 

Next test is to disable the software that controls the HDMI ARC.  And see?

Next test is to disconnect from the HDMI ARC (physical connection). And see?

However Samsung please complete testing prior to releasing premium products, I do not expect to have such issues with a £1400.00 TV and I do not expect to have to spend a lot of time and effort trying to solve the issue.

Please record this as an issue with this model and correct it!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userK70EU0t3Uy
Asteroid

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, my problem is fixed....turned out to be my router sending signals to the tv to turn on  I had a Netgear router. Once i turned off my router the tv never turned back on.  I checked on a Netgear forum and i am not the only one having this issue. I bought a more updated router (my old one was several years old) and the problem has been solved.

289 REPLIES 289
userllyW57gH3W
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Similar problem. Brand new mu8000 turns off then on again randomly. Very aggravating when trying to watch something. Thinking about returning it and going with another brand if I can't resolve the problem soon.

user2WaQlINurq
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the problem of the TV turning itself on, Model UN75MU800D.  Im thinkink of returning it to Costco before my 90 days are up.

userhi2BT64nh2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It just happened to me now twice on my m4500 model. I turned it off hoping it was just a freak thing, made sure I wasn't accidently hitting any buttons on the remote, and it just turns back on a minute later. Keep in mind, I was on HDMI 2 and my PS4 wasn't even turned on. This happened 12:30ish noon.

userdAWoYa0sMa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought my UHD 4K Samsung In February, for the Superbowl, It was great! like Awesome! 65 inches of pure highquality images... till 3 days ago (04/12/2018) when around 2:45 in the morning I hear people talking in my livingroom, I jumped out of bed ready for a fight, only to find my TV on, still made me suspicious, but it has been doing that at random during the day too. This is really annoying. But the difference with most people posting here is that mine has never done that! and we are talking about 2 and a half months. I just went through the TV and cable box menus and found nothing wrong... 

Is Samsung going to do something once a 75 year old person dies of a heart attack once one of this turns on unexpectedly? (and I am not being sarcastic)

userdAWoYa0sMa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I do wonder... I was just messing with the connection to my sound bar. My sound bar does not work with the TV, delay issues, so I plugged it to the cable box , via optic cable, and it works great, so I tried and plugged to the tv also through the HDMI.......
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any difference?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Anzac_Sonata
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have to chime in here, as well, as a new NU8000 owner who finds the TV turns itself on every now and then, usually overnight...

I ALWAYS shut all sources down after I'm done using them -- only a high def cable box and Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray player -- but come the morning I find the TV is on (though nothing is playing because my sources are shut off)...

I have EVERYTHING that could be related to this turned off -- HDMI CEC, Last App Used, etc. -- and nothing seems to change. I just did the firmware update for the NU series, and that made my previous problem of the HDMI inputs getting screwy even WORSE, if you can believe it...now, the TV forces me to RESET IT every time I power up because it's providing inaccurate resolution information as well as wrong HDMI input data (it calls my HDMI 2 port "Cable Box" when that's not what's plugged into it...and I go through this EVERY SINGLE EVENING)...

I have a rep coming out to look at this nightmare, but I will never purchase another Samsung product if they can't fix it...

userK70EU0t3Uy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a rep come out today and told me it is the sensor on the tv for the remote. He has to come back out to replace it as he does not have the part today....i will let you know if it fixes the problem.

Anzac_Sonata
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Glad you have a tech coming; I have one en route as well for my HDMI input memory issue, but there are other things going wrong with this set that I need to mention.