cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user3022WnqBDW
Constellation

2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem and put in a ticket online and got a phone call from Samsung and I was told that 1800samsung will have to remote into my tv and disable the standby mode because that is what is causing it to come back on by itself, I can't believe after all these post no one from samsung has posted that it is a known issue with I guess all the tv's that have standfby mode enabled. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user3022WnqBDW - Please make sure the CEC options are disabled on all connected devices. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

RayneR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is anoying my TV is starting to show the same symptons!

Model: UE55MU6645  Firmware vers. 1240 ( updated on 02/09/2018)

I guess i will have to call samsung and to have a check on this because i dont want to disable any feature that i paid for...

userPtSdJcpdS2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anything ever fix it?  Mine has been turning on a lot lately, and always in the middle of the night.  Not good when you just watched the Conjuring!

userNsMIOZUKJw
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried buying a new ARC compatible HDMI cable as others have suggested. The TV still turns itself on randomly with my Sony Soundbar connected through this input...

I can also confirm Samsung support are useless - I have been on the phone to them at least 3 times and I am in no way closer to solving this. I feel like they just screw you around until you can't be bothered with it anymore.

I guess I will have to stick to my optical cable...

userCC6Q4X6BOx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been following this thread for ever with no solution from Samsung, nice tv in all except IT KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON ALL THROUGH THE DAY AND NIGHT! why wont Samsung admit fault, say they’re working on permanent solution? I’m so done with this UN75MU800D. I paid over $2700 for this tv and now it’s going back to Costco and going to get an LG instead,  all at Samsung’s loss. 

userw0ugsOHg7R
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased the 50" NU7100 at Costco last month. A few nights now we've been waken up by the brightness of the TV being on in the living room. I'll be returning this within the 90 days if Samsung can't fix this. Now on a 23 page thread started in 2017, I don't have high hopes!!
To bad since I actualy like this TV and might have to look at another brand.

Using Firestick HDMI, Cable top HDMI, optical BOSE speaker

userAN8xPjwidu
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, if the sound system is communicating only via optical thars ok, for the other two should be an otion in the menus to disable auto wake. That should solve it

userAOZAxv8fNq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with my mu8000 turn on and play some stupid online tv channels. I am even more upset with the poor game play the picture get blurry and unclear in the corners and around the game character. Definitely bad choice for tv I kind of regret that I bought it!

userlUQn3mYFVC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a UE49KU6470U and it just started happening to me when the latest firmware 1231.1 was installed.

I hade no problems untill this version of the firmware.

I have done all the sugested fixes except the USB firmware install as I doubt the current will let me reinstall the same version, it doesend with the online option.