Original topic:

2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

(Topic created on: 11/24/17 9:07 AM)
useruB5KhYDAkA
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Samsung MU8000, brand new turns itself on?!  I have: 

Updated the firmware through the Television menu.  Still had the issue.

A soft reset (unplug from the mains for 2 minutes) still have the issue. 

Full reset and this still didn't work.

Updated to latest firmware from the support website (newer version than the TV will find) installed from the USB.  Powered it off and 20 minutes later it turned itself on.

Disconnected it from the internet.  It still turned itself on.

Disconnected PS4 from HDMI 1,  it still happens.

My only other considration is it's somthing to do with the HDMI ARC or the software that controls this. 

Next test is to disable the software that controls the HDMI ARC.  And see?

Next test is to disconnect from the HDMI ARC (physical connection). And see?

However Samsung please complete testing prior to releasing premium products, I do not expect to have such issues with a £1400.00 TV and I do not expect to have to spend a lot of time and effort trying to solve the issue.

Please record this as an issue with this model and correct it!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
299 Replies
userUibv4lfFyD
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

OK my new 2018 72" Q9 is turning on also, so this is a real problem ......today is 07/15/2019

0 Likes
usermzDc15ZM3W
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

It is Anynet+ that is waking my MU7500 TV. If I turn off Anynet+, the TV behaves as it should, but I can NOT control my PC on HDMI 1. If I turn on Anynet+, the TV will wake up at random times!

This make NO SENSE whatsoever...

Come on Samsung, please fix Anynet+

Windows 10 on Intel NUC using a Pulse-Eight CEC controller. The NUC can be in S3 sleep mode, or shut off, makes no difference, if I leave Anynet+ enabled, the TV will turn on by itself!

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Follow up to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userzy5FEIzlaL
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I am thinking of plugging this into a Wemo device (with set On and Off time frames) to keep it from turning on by itself.  I'll report back, but it should work.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Keep us posted.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usertetcjuMoNO
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have the same TV (55MU7000, UK model) and am having the same issue with it spontaneously turning itself on.

Having read this thread, carried out some of my own tests and looked at all the possible causes, I’m putting this fault down to the functionality between the Samsung One remote (which I’m assuming has the same features as any Samsung TV with an Anytime+ (HDMI - CEC) compatible remote), the TV and your devices.

It seems that when you connect your Samsung remote to the devices in your home (in my case a PS4, Samsung soundbar and BT you view box), the connection is not just between the remote and the device but the TV and the device.

So whenever one of your devices turns itself on having most recently been operated by the Samsung remote (*this won’t happen if you use the devices own remote*), or there is an update in the middle of the night after you’ve used your Samsung remote to operate one of your devices, your TV will react by mimicking the device by turning itself on due to the connection it has through your remote.

Although I’m pretty sure I’ve found the problem, I don’t have any solution... apart from turning off your anytime+ remote function in settings, which is NOT a solution as it is one of the best features of the TV.

SAMSUNG -Please can you read this thread, the above comment and look in to this issue. We have all invested a lot of money in your TVs, so would be keen for you to invest some time in addressing this issue and keeping us updated with your progress with finding a solution. 

userVeqGaMSDpM
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This is the fix. 

7B59D7E4-A658-4CDA-BC32-4D95791CE016.jpeg

go into Samsung secret mode with a remote that has number, then change auto power and set to off. 

See image. 

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

If you would decide to go to the service menu it will void your warranty. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungNik
Honored Contributor
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I noticed you mentioned £1400.00 useruB5KhYDAkA, is this a US model TV or no?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useruB5KhYDAkA
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

The issue is still on-going.  Uk model.

Samsung support have finally logged it as a fault, after some lengthy 'chat' sessions going through all I have tested and seemingly stuck for idea's.  So it's wait and see if it ever gets sorted out!  Best and only fix - unplug the TV!

0 Likes