cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userBumOrBZlL2
Constellation

Re: 2017 Samsung MU8000 Turns itself on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. If the TV is left turned off for periods of time it will power itself on somehow. 

Not what I would expect from a model like this. 

userG7alYugB6v
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue with mu6445. I'm suspecting hdmi cec, i disabled anynet+ and see how it evolves... I also noticed that when the tv is off and I try to connect with the smart view app(which doesn't work on Android 8) while no device is whitelisted the TV turns on automatically... This is quite worrying... I hope this gets fixed ina next firmware update 

userMJjJNig8jD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried that.... No avail

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let us know if you notice any differences with the update.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Marsolais
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having the same issue. I have a brand new 65" MU8000 and everynight without fail around 1:30 am it turns itself on. I have a brand new Samsung soundbar so that should not be it. I have nothing else hooked up to it other than my Direct TV box. Has anyone heard anything from Samsung? If this coninues I will be bringing the TV back and asking for a full refund.

user1n29jHaISd
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would return the TV if I were you.  I recieved the same TV (MU8000) as a Christmas gift, and by time I realized it had this issue it was to late to return.  I have contacted Samsung customer service twice.  The best advice they could offer was to disconnect the soundbar (Sony).  Very disappoint for a $1,200.00 TV.

I have the TV connected to a powerstrip.  I shut the power off to the whole system each night to ensure it doesnt kick on.  Smiley Sad

Marsolais
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My sound bar is a brand new Samsung HW-M550/ZA. TV still turns itself on. This is a Samsung issue. I have been doing some looking around and the first report on the forums about this issue was back in 2013! Yeah going on five years!

Samsung better really start thinking about getting this fixed or they may be looking at another class action lawsuit. First it was their washers blowing up. Then their phones. Now their TV's!

I have owned Samsung TV's and soundbars for going on 15 years now. This is what makes long term customers walk away.

userCkTpmyqgda
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my UE65MU8000 for just over a week and last night it did this for the first time. I have a ps4, Xbox one, sky box and a Samsung ray surround sound connected so God knows what it could be. Anyone fixed this yet?

userHpSN5EBzAL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I spoke with Samsung support yesterday and the tech chalked it up to a bad one connect box. They’re sending me out a new one. Will update you all.

user1n29jHaISd
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Please do update! I would really like to find a solution to this problem.