cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useruRUrJb97pO
Constellation

2019 Model Frame TV Photo Uploads

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just purchased the 2019 Model for the Frame TV and can't figure out how to load Pictures from my phone onto the TV. The TV tells me to use the SmartThings Mobile App but no where on the mobile app do i see an option to upload photos. Has anyone else come accross this issue? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userB9j3Bor2Z2
Constellation

Re: 2019 Model Frame TV Photo Uploads

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m using the iPhone version. I select Samsung: The Frame in My Home

Down at the bottom of the next screen are icons for Universal Guide and Art

select Art 

it should show the option to Add photos on the next screen

or select Browse Photos and select My Collection then select the plus sign to add photos or create a collage

6 REPLIES 6
userB9j3Bor2Z2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m using the iPhone version. I select Samsung: The Frame in My Home

Down at the bottom of the next screen are icons for Universal Guide and Art

select Art 

it should show the option to Add photos on the next screen

or select Browse Photos and select My Collection then select the plus sign to add photos or create a collage

SilverLaker
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the newest version of the Frame - the 2019 model. After spending two hours on chat and phone support with Samsung today, here's the issue: the SmartThings app and/or Frame tv is no longer compatible with Apple services. When you go to that Art screen (the pretty one with the beautiful landscape photos in the background), you see a big BROWSE > link, and underneath it there's actually another link that says ADD YOUR OWN PHOTOS. But it's grayed out. Tapping on that nearly invisible link triggers an error message about ensuring the Frame and your smartphone are on the same network. Doesn't matter, because this is where the function is broken. Even if both items are connected to the same network (and you can easily control the tv via the remote functions in the SmartThings app), you will never be able to get past this message.

In addition, browsing the art gallery is useless as well, because you can't preview anything, nor upload it to your tv is you attempt to purchase the art. 

I can't believe that Samsung is unwilling and/or unable to fix this critical issue. They're putting the blame on Apple, of course, but I develop apps for a living, and it's not difficult to make this function work. I suspect that they're only focused on ensuring this functions for Android devices and don't want to spend the time and resources on fixing for iPhone/iPad. 

I purchased the Frame specifically to display my artwork when it wasn't being used as a TV. However, Samsung has made it clear that this may *never* happen, invalidating a large reason for purchasing this expensive piece of hardware. It's unconscionable that Samsung doesn't clearly state that the Frame is no longer compatible with Apple devices. 

The only way to get this fixed is to apply pressure to Samsung. However, judging by my tech support experiences, there's very little care or concern at Samsung about this issue.

userO1qTzIlP4m
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 2019 Version in 43 inch and also am trying to use both of the apps (SmartThings and Smart View) on an iPhone X. The first does not allow you to select artwork or mats (the same message about the TV and phone needing to be on the same network) and the second does not connect at all. I'm wondering if this is just an issue with the 2019 model or if it existed with earlier versions as well. Considering the installed base of iPhone users out there, this does not speak well of Samsang's thorougness in releasing these apps. I'm very disappoingted. In addition, did anyone notice the e-manual on the set is not specific to the Frame models, but rather includes other QLED sets as well. This is very confusing especially when it come to things like the Ambient Mode (which the Frame lacks). With TV's as complicated as they are today, this is a confusion that we don't need.

userO1qTzIlP4m
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I finally got it to work using my iPhone. First, I made sure both my phone and the TV were on the same network. Next I made sure Bluetooth was turned on and that the frame was connected to Bluetooth. At some point in this process you will get a notification on your TV screen (upper right corner) asking if the TV can connect with your iPhone, which you must acknowledge and allow. That may have been the thing I was missing before. At that point if I go into the SmartThings app, and touch "Samsung the Frame" in the middle of the screen, it will bring up the Samsung TV app, but when you back out of that and touch the Art button in the upper left corner you will eventually get to a screen where you can "Add Your Own Photos". That feature also allows you to create a mat for a one, two or three images. Needless to say, the e-manual on this aspect is pretty worthless.

Highlighted
userafvVvYq43f
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This did not work for me - tried on both iPhone and Android - still not able to activate the add photo feature :-(

userjjdUYdunnp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This didn't work for me. IPhone and TV are on the same network and Bluetooth is on for both. I get the same error message in the smart things app and the pop-up to pair my phone never came up on the TV. Any advice?