Original topic:

4K, 8k and other TV's Vertical lines on all sources and during picture test

(Topic created on: 10/21/20 1:37 PM)
userSNxmFHduoE
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have the un55ks8000f, and midway through a video, the screen faded to verticle lines. The audio still played and the lines move, but nothing can be made from them. I looked through forums of other people with similar issues and tried cleaning all the cables and ports. The problem is that these lines show without any source plugged in. No menu or anything can be seen on the tv.

0 Likes
82 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service please reach out directly via one of the following methods, as we would like to Gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis. Please provide the full model and serial of the TV as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email. 

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Sent Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userOP1SEiie1L
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I purchased the above tv (model UN65TU700FXZA s/n <Hidden>)late last year from Walmart.com. There return policy is only 30 days for tvs.. Once it was connected to my cable box with the proper power cable, HDMI cable and to the coaxial cable (to cable box)I saw/see what looks like paint drips down across the top of the screen all the way across. The lines range from 1 to 8 inches in length. The lines are pinkish in color with a few of them being blue, while some are bunched so close together it looks like a solid drip. I installed a new cable box, power cord and HDMI cable today. While the tv does work, and has a great picture both through my cable box and via the internet connection, I would like to know how to fix this issue.
Thank you for your time,

eightysixed
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
An high quality hdmi cable may just work and it can range from $100 to $500 depends on length..talking about an fiber hdmi cable
0 Likes
userOP1SEiie1L
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Not sure that would help as I have a good quality picture, just with the lines I mentioned, wouldn't the hdmi just address picture quality

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Can you provide me with a picture of the symptoms you're experiencing?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userfXHw5CvNvM
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Roughly 10 months ago I purchased a new 75" tv which has had very little use and no physical damage and today a pixel line has appeared across all sources and I'm not sure what to do. Can you advise? 

SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Try testing it out in a picture test. If this occurs during the test I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userxP74QWiiL8
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

We have a 65" model UN65NU6070FXZA tv

after just over a year old it formed lines on the left side and it was out of warranty, so we just dealt with it, now the line are solid from one side to the other or the screen will just be solid white, is there any fix for this like replacing the tcon board ourself?

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, if this occurs on all sources and during the picture test, then this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty.

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes