JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

4K, 8k and other TV's Vertical lines on all sources and during picture test

(Topic created on: 1/24/21 11:36 AM)
userSNxmFHduoE
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have the un55ks8000f, and midway through a video, the screen faded to verticle lines. The audio still played and the lines move, but nothing can be made from them. I looked through forums of other people with similar issues and tried cleaning all the cables and ports. The problem is that these lines show without any source plugged in. No menu or anything can be seen on the tv.

0 Likes
82 Replies
userkmDxbpZRQy
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

We got a 65" 4K QLED. My husband barely touched the top corner and it caused it to have lines throughout the entire screen. We haven't had it a week and it's totally ruined and we are being told it was 'hit'. We most certainly did not hit or drop it. I can't accept that we are out a brand new tv and they won't fix or replace it when we did not do anything to damage it. We know these screens are touchy so we were being very careful. Need suggestions, as we have no idea what to do.

0 Likes
userITcCJvvHPu
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have a MU8000 series TV purchased in Dec 2017. Just today, after working perfectly for 20 months - and we were very happy - then just this evening the screen went black on all inputs (Roku and DTV are separate inputs). On the black screen are colored vertical lines (mostly purple and green) which shift and grow/shrink on the screen. Can still get sound perfectly on all inputs and can change channels on DTV. I have tried to reboot the TV, Roku and DTV boxes together and individually (didn’t work) and unplugged/replugged all cables (also didn’t work) including the DTV and Roku cables and that made no change. Attached is a picture of the screen. Seems like other models have had similar but maybe not exactly the same problem. This would be crazy to have to buy another TV after 20 months of use. I need a solution to try that is not super expensive!92863E26-0452-4DBF-85AB-FA082C2F58D0.jpeg

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

We would be happy to look into this for you. Send us a private message to the link below. It is a possibility this would require a service repair. 

http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usereYMVkLOTrY
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Bought tv 10/16/17-modelUN75MU800D

serial 06GA3CBJA00995J

it started as a small vertical line but now is over 60% of the screen.  This is an expensive tv.  Is there anything we can do?

0 Likes
DeviantWolf
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Had the TV for about  months and noticing 2 thin parallel lines running near the bottom of my screen. Had a samsung TV prior to this one and started getting this too and grew to get worse and worse over time. Any idea on how to remedy this?

Model: UN43TU7000FXZ

0 Likes
evanmico
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
It seems to me that you got unlucky with a defective panel and should see about getting it replaced or RMA'd
0 Likes
gaz1971
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

image.jpg

hi i have a 55 “ smart tv black line down screen but still got pictures behind it has there been a recall at all as i am see this is very common on samsung tvs on the internet our is it that samsung tvs are just cheap rubbish 

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useroCzQkjJi8t
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Literally purchased the 55" QN60T (QN55Q60TAF) today and I'm already having screen issues. I started noticing a strip of horizontal lines going from top to bottom on the right side of the screen would pop up randomly. Image for reference: https://imgur.com/DdxRk5z

First noticed it just watching YouTube through the TVs built in app. It wasn't appearing often, so it was less noticeable. But now while playing a game, it's pretty persistently happening. Video for reference: https://imgur.com/6LK0XzL

0 Likes
KoreanTV
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Return it now.

0 Likes