JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

4K, 8k and other TV's Vertical lines on all sources and during picture test

(Topic created on: 4/3/21 4:12 PM)
userSNxmFHduoE
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have the un55ks8000f, and midway through a video, the screen faded to verticle lines. The audio still played and the lines move, but nothing can be made from them. I looked through forums of other people with similar issues and tried cleaning all the cables and ports. The problem is that these lines show without any source plugged in. No menu or anything can be seen on the tv.

0 Likes
JUMP TO SOLUTION
82 Replies
useriM5WFhxj9Q
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I get these as well in certain scenes on my Q80T. I figured it's one of the downsides of FALD.

userhFhU8PEXVE
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Seems to be the case. A technician came in and replaced the panel, and the shadows are still there. Now I just need to decide whether I can live with this or not. 

0 Likes
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
its possible what youre seeing is the backlight and so i was wondering if you are able to adjust the brightness to a slightly lower one and then adjust the brightness separately. ive seen lcd tvs where the backlight was set to max for a long period of time which resulted in burnin from behind.
as you mentioned, its easier to point out when the tv is displaying a solid color, especially a light grey one. does your tv have an eco sensor that auto adjusts brightness?
userhFhU8PEXVE
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Unfortunately, I don't think this tv will let me adjust the backlight brightness. I couldn't find it in settings. I did see that it is does have the eco sensor, and that it is currently off. Do you think that I should turn it on or leave it off?

Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
I would say leave it off. I was curious if maybe you didnt notice this earlier perhaps due to the brightness auto changing but i guess not :\
userhFhU8PEXVE
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

It's okay. Thank you for the advice! I really appreciate it. 

0 Likes
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Okay, have you contacted Samsung support directly? This may (mayyy) be a defect. It appears similar to "backlight bleed" but the vertical lines are from the backlight leds as theyre laid out vertically
0 Likes
userhFhU8PEXVE
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I will try contacting them later today. I would definitely like to see if they can confirm whether this is a problem or not. 

0 Likes
userKj9ncRGhyC
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Model @ SerialLine on screenLine on screen

0 Likes
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. Please seek a support team in your area by using the link below:

http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes