JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

4K, 8k and other TV's Vertical lines on all sources and during picture test

(Topic created on: 4/3/21 4:12 PM)
userSNxmFHduoE
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have the un55ks8000f, and midway through a video, the screen faded to verticle lines. The audio still played and the lines move, but nothing can be made from them. I looked through forums of other people with similar issues and tried cleaning all the cables and ports. The problem is that these lines show without any source plugged in. No menu or anything can be seen on the tv.

0 Likes
JUMP TO SOLUTION
82 Replies
useraxWm0RVywB
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same issue after the firmware update. Supports next step is to call them but they mentioned it probably needs repair. Won’t be able to call them back for a few days probably. 

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

If this occurs on all sources and the picture test this will require service. Depending on the warranty of the unit you have a few options. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators to have service processed
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes
userwS0BrA5GuX
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Was this resolved !? I'm having this issue and my TV is only 1 month old! 

0 Likes
user3Pt2b8DyOW
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

If under 30 days I beg you return it and switch brands. If not, do the Samsung warranty prey it does not break again, then move away from Samsung down the road. 

0 Likes
userSu71XJcYsp
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

vertical line dead pixel

Model: QN75Q7FAMFXZA
Serial: [edit]

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Samsung_KqC0rU7
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

SM - S367VL

0 Likes
userbYGeYaE7qK
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

TVDeadPixelVerticalLine.jpg

Here is my UN65KS8000 with exact same thing...  runs top-to-bottom and randomly appeared within few weeks past the 2 year mark :( 

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

@userbYGeYaE7qK   We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useraix54eKosq
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Just had the same issue occur with my UN65NU8000FXZA. Less than 2 years old. Seems a quick internet search shows that this is a typical issue with Samsung TVs. A 1 year warranty does nothing to help the consumer. Now I'm stuck with an expensive TV with a black running down the screen that I cannot afford to replace. Meanwhile my old 45" TV from 2009 is doing great. 

0 Likes