cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

50" Class NU6900 Smart 4K UHD TV keeps disconnecting from wifi when turned off

Hi,

My TV 50" Class NU6900 Smart 4K UHD TV (2018), keeps loosing wifi connection when it is turned off.

I have to unplug the power & then start then only it connects to the WIFI.

This started happing 4 weeks after my purchase warrently got over & I am not sure what to do now.

I have done the factory reset multiple time & has no luck with it.

Curren software version is :1290

Is anyone having similar issues.

I am at a total loss, can anyone help?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 50" Class NU6900 Smart 4K UHD TV keeps disconnecting from wifi when turned off

Thank you for reaching out, Have you tried restarting your router? Also, are you using 2.4ghz or the 5ghz connection? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: 50" Class NU6900 Smart 4K UHD TV keeps disconnecting from wifi when turned off

Hi,

I have tried restarting router & tv. I am using 2.4 ghz connection & it was working fine for 1 yr. 

Yesterday I called samsung support & she logged in remotly to change one setting "Instant On" to "OFF". Post that it worked when is was connect. 

Today I faced the same issue & called samsung support again to check with them.

She asked me to reboot tv by holding power button and now my tv is not even showing wifi connection.

Now I have TV which is not at all working.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you having any trouble connecting any other device to your router? How many devices are connected to your router?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

yes, I have an issue with this tv locking up. I have to unplug it every time I want to use it! it is not the wifi, it is the tv.. first step was resetting the router, same issue, then I disconnected the wifi on the tv and reconnected it to the network, same issue..the only way to get it to stream or get tv listings is to power cycle it!! samsung needs to fix this!