Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user7l0Jw5G3Wf
Asteroid

Re: 65” KS8000 dark shadow center of panel

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please keep me updated! Thank you. 

TV repairman says Sony is the only brand he will buy now a days. 

userdNWdHGLnM6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got this exact same issue on my 55" KS8000 tonight. It literally just happened right before my eyes. Bought mine from Best Buy in November 2016 so that puts me at 2 yrs, 6 months. This is so frustrating. 

user7l0Jw5G3Wf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

November 2016 here as well. I feel your pain! You don't have any friends in the legal class action field do you? I'm very close to looking into one. More of these incidences are happening every week... And that's just reported incidents here! 

userhkV0vKUqzM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This same thing happened to me back in December 18.  Right after the warranty had expired.  It was a 65” 8600k for me, I believe.  I will never give Samsung another penny if I can help it.  I would also like information if a class action suit comes about!  This is absolutely bogus, Samsung!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usercieGQCYLwO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m not quite sure how to post on these forums for I just joined. 

However i personally am experiencing these problems with my KS8500, I’ve own it for a couple years my self an this just popped up within 48 hours... I find it incredible that someone can spend so much for a TV for it to become faulty after a few years of use... 

I don’t see how Samsung hasn’t established some sort of recall with it becoming such a wide known problem... I don’t want to spend another +1k to have my +2k TV fixed... For that price I’m willing to just buy another TV where a company will actually stand behind its product and not screw the consumers... Any advice to point me in the right direction in resolving my issue without coming extensively out of pocket would be greatly appreciated.... 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usercieGQCYLwO I would be happy to look into this. Can you private message me the serial number of the unit as well as any pictures of the symptom experienced here: http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F

user2z393AulNO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem with my tv, not sure what to do my tv is only 2 years old. I been a Samsung supporter for years but not sure I will continue to be.  Wish Samsung would try to resolve the issue for their customers. I currently have 3 Samsung TVs and 4 new Samsung smartphones not to mention I’ve had almost every single Samsung galaxy note ever since the first one came out. Never had a problem with any of their products except for my tv and dishwasher.

userkPQNf0pi3E
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue occur last night on my KS 8500 that is almost 3 years old.  I really was not expecting any issue since my much cheaper LG LCD from ten years ago is still going strong.  Have you all had luck with contacting Samsung support or do you need to wait till till one to the forum moderators here reaches out to you for more details?

jerryjjansen
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem with my 3 year old KS8500 and a moderator replied. I sent the information that they requested. They did not do anything but asked if I wanted someone to come out and take a look at it. No warranty. Screw Samsung!