cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user8YdH7ShuOf
Constellation

Re: 65” KS8000 dark shadow center of panel

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ive had this issue for a couple months now, It's unfortunate that these issues are poping up. Have you gotten an answer from them? I had geek squad look at mine and they said its either a bad power supply ( which seems unlikely) or a bad panel which is the cost of a new tv...

userWXe9ZzA5vx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the ks8000 55" and exact same thing happened to me last night while watching a movie. Turned off for a few minutes and back on. Reset tv. Nothing worked. 

I believe it's an led on the backlight. I'm not going to even attempt to contact samsung about it since everything I've read says basically tv is out of warranty. It's fine, I get that. I've been a Samsung Electronics customer for too many years to recall and this is the first issue I've ever had w any product. 

W that said I am going to fix myself. I will take the tv apart turn on to find out which led is out then order a new led strip. Easy enough for me. I've been in the electronics field for more than 20 yrs. I feel this is a simple fix vs having a repair service come out to diagnose and then repair for hundreds. I can either replace the individual led by soldering a new one in or get a new strip. I'll determine when the time comes. 

Anyone have access to factory service manuals on replacing the led backlight?

thomcoogan
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
These forums are definitely the place to go to get any semblance of customer service. After being contacted by the moderators, I was able to schedule Samsung to come fix the TV, with a “one-time out of warranty waiver”
They completely replaced the panel, and everything seems good now. About a 2 week process, but am happy in the end. (Hopefully this is the end!)

View solution in original post

thomcoogan
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok... so TV was fixedz. I had to wait to get rid of an old TV (I immediately replaced the KS8000 not knowing it would be fixed) before I could set up the new replacement panel equipped KS8000.  All looks good, but now my Apple TV 4K shows no picture.  It fully connects, after resetting the input, it recognized it as an Apple TV and I can even power on the TV with the Apple remote.  

Yet, the screen is blank with the “no source” message as if the Apple TV was turned off.  

...help?

userCF4z2nFPUj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I have the exact same TV with the exact issue. Right at the two year mark the vertical dark shadows showed up.  You mentioned you were contacted by the moderators, do you know how to get in contact with the moderators. 
I would like to try to resolve this issue.

userITFwTCFL2m
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do you get this waiver??  With the number of times I'm seeing this issue on service blogs and the internet, I'm surprised Samsung is offering this.  Now it's happened to me!!  It's an 18 month old TV, and now I see it has a known problem.  Please advise.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send a private message with your full model code and serial number. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

userAP1pVIa3mq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues with my KS8000 I purchased almost 3 years ago.  There is a black shadow on the bottom of the screen and it continues up to the top of the screen just right of the center of the tv.  I have researched the heck outa what tv to buy because I wanted the best tv for my needs and I was going to put down quite a bit of money on it as these things arnt cheap.I expected that a $2K tv would last a bit longer then almost 3 years before having issues, but it looks like I was wrong.  I called customer service and got told basicly to bad so sad its outa 12 months so suck to be you, but you can pay someone to come out to just look at it and then pay them again $1K to fix it.  Its like im halfway to paying for another bloody tv!  This is rediculous!! I have a flat screen tv i have had for 13 years (Vizio) and it STILL works with NO ISSUES and this tv after almost 3 years has screen issues and you have a cheek to not fix this for me?  I will never buy a Samsung ANYTHING again and I will yell to anyone that will listion not to buy their products because of the lack of support.  This is not how to take care of your customers and have nonstop consistantly bought your products.  I need help fixing this.  Please mods help me out and restore faith in your longtime customer!

userVUyKoYE7Q7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 60" KS8000 with the same issue that started a few months ago.

I was able to verify the problem with the moderators and got a service ticket the same day.  Now I am waiting to see when the repair tech will call and how the appointment will go.  If I don't return to update, assume it went smoothly.

Update: still waiting for repair company to contact me. Call them just now and they don’t have my ticket from Samsung.  Just contacted Mods again.  Hopefully they can help resolve this. 

Update 2: about 3 weeks later, second ticket number on 7/30/19 for one time accommodation on out of warranty repair, I am told a third vendor will call to schedule repair.  Not sure why Samsung is having trouble finding a service vendor to come repair my tv. 

Update 3: 8/5/19, repair ticket cancelled and we got a message saying they couldn’t find a vendor to repair my tv. I live in SF Bay Area; do we not have TV tech?  I’ve purchased many samsung TVs over the years and never had issues, but this is discouraging.  Will update if this ever gets resolved.  Smiley Sad

user7l0Jw5G3Wf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any progress on the LED replacement? I'm about to take a crack at the same issue. Can you post a photo or video of your issue so I can see if it is similar?