Original topic:

65” Ks8000 won’t turn on

(Topic created: 08-25-2021 12:37 AM)
user5DZzXRn3GW
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Have this TV for about 3 1/2 years and all of a sudden without any power surge or other problems the tv died. It won’t turn on even after reset and connecting straight to the wall outlet. Called Samsung who connected me with a local service provider and it has been a disaster to arrange for service. Now looking into repairing it myself. Does anyone know where I can purchase the power board for this model tv?

would not recommend Samsung products to anyone since it ridiculous that a $1500-2000 TV has this kind of issue and no support from Samsung. 

4 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Were you provided with a transaction number or were you just given the contact information for a service center?  I would be happy to schedule you with a technician if that's what you're seeking, but if you are wanting to repair the television yourself, the best bet would be to call out parts distributor J&J international at 800-627-4368.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user6Pe23RIwB0
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I ran into the exact same issue with my 55KS8000 a few weeks ago. I posted a new thread in the community because the other threads on the topic seem to have been locked with the standard Samsung "solution" of unplugging and plugging back in. My post was locked and archived and I received a private message from a moderator that the solution to my problem could be found in one of the other threads. 

I ended up taking my TV to the repair shop on Saturday because I hate to fill the landfill with a 4 year old television. He just called and said that the main board needs to be replaced, which will run me $280. I'll probably have the same problem with the new main board in 4 years based on the number of people I see in here posting that their KS8000s died after 3-4 years. I'll pay the repair fee, but it's frustrating the Samsung is brushing this off as a "unplug it and plug it back in" fix when it seems to be a common design/hardware issue with the KS8000. Definitely switching brands for the next TV. 

user6d5cNb5tdP
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same, this just happened to me today for my 55KS8000F. I was watching TV and the screen went black. I've also tried troubleshooting with unplugging. I'm with you this is very frustrating, I've only had this TV for about 4 years now. This is upsetting for a TV to break so early in its use. Like you, I'm seeing a lot of comments about this same issue online and I feel like we are not alone. 

user6Pe23RIwB0
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I finally heard back from my TV repair guy. He tried installing the new main board and said it didn't fix the problem, so it appears that the entire panel is shot and can't be repaired. I told him to just throw the TV in the dumpster. Very frustrating to get 4 years out of a premium model TV only to have Samsung give the old "unplug it and plug it back in" advice.  To make matters worse, I just told my fiancee to get rid of her 15 year old Panasonic because we didn't need another TV, so I'll never hear the end of that. 

I had 3 Samsungs, but will be switching over to LG or Sony for the replacement. 

0 Likes