JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

65" KS8000 4k SUHD won't turn on!

(Topic created: 07-16-2021 01:07 AM)
userwAyZQhnu50
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I bought a 65" KS8000 directly from Samsung in Jan 2017. It appears the manufacturer's warranty ended on Jan 31, 2018. The TV has been absolutely fantastic for these 4 years, and I truly love it. But now it will not turn on all of a sudden, after no symptoms of anything wrong or any deterioration in brightness or picture. The red standby light is off and will not turn on. I tried doing a soft reset, a hard reset, and leave the TV unplugged for minutes and also holding down the power button on the back of the receiver light for a minute to reset. I can't get it to turn off.

I submitted a customer service ticket, but the local electronic store said that it could be the power board or the main board, both are $300+ each and with labor it would just be better to buy a new TV.

Can this be right? This TV is only 4 years old, and for a $2000 TV I expected this to last at least 7 years. I really would like to repair it since I love it so much, but I can't justify it.

Samsung, is there anything you can do to repair this outside of the warranty?? I have another 50" Samsung TV that I bought at the same time that has been great, and I love being able to use and mirror my Galaxy S10 devices on these TVs so easily.

Is there a way I can tell which board (or both) are bad?

Samsung, help! These high-end models like the KS8000 4k SUHD TVs should last longer than this!

6 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that if this is occurring after plugging directly into the wall and not through a surge protector this will require service please reach out directly via one of the following methods, as we would like to Gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis. Please provide the full model and serial of the TV as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email. 

Send a message on Facebook

Send a Message on Twitter

Send a Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userMJnw8CA8Fq
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I am another victim of a defective product.  Like everyone else, purchased in 2016 for nearly $2000 only to have it last 3.5 years! How in the world does a higher end model LED only last a few years? 

This will absolutely be the last Samsung product I ever buy unless the company does the right thing and fixes a DEFECT that has resulted in a massive number of failures.  

It's pretty simple, google the problem and every single KS8000 failure has the same exact set of conditions, a blown capacitor.  Best of all, they are so small now that they aren't replaceable and Samsung knows this.  Also, this condition can be diagnosed by anybody with a multi-meter so Samsung could easily identify if the customer's TVs is impacted by this with a 30 minute tech visit.  

It would be so easy to offer an extended warranty on this part and provide only customers affected by this with an honest solution. 

This is completely unacceptable to have such a pervasive defect on one of the most popular models. 

Model: UN65KS8000FXZA

Purchase Date: 07/24/2016 

userYjp2GyndIz
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same with me, I too bought UN65KS8000FXZA on 11/17/2016 directly from samsung.com. Last week while watching TV for only 15 minutes, all of a sudden it turned off. Contacted Samsung and they created a service request. It's a third-party service provider, which is charging $200 for tech visit and then minimum $232 for any part replaced.

Searched google for solutions but I'm intimidated by the pictures of the board online which has mostly ICs and new kind of power circuitery. I'm not fixing it by myself and also not sending it to service. I hope that Samsung understands that this defect is the result of a bad part/design/workmanship on Samsung's side and provides some solution.

It's a very costly TV if it gives only 4 years of life.

0 Likes
userYjp2GyndIz
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

One more question though, why this thread is marked as solved when no solution is provided? Sending message to facebook, twitter or moderator is not a solution.

user6d5cNb5tdP
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same, this just happened to me today for my 55KS8000F. I was watching TV and the screen went black. I've also tried troubleshooting with unplugging. I'm with you this is very frustrating, I've only had this TV for about 4 years now. This is upsetting for a TV to break so early in its use. Like you, I'm seeing a lot of comments about this same issue online and I feel like we are not alone. This is a common issue Samsung should solve.

user6Pe23RIwB0
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm going to keep posting about this issue in every thread I see about it. I don't think it will accomplish anything, but it's therapeutic. I ran into the same problem with my 55KS8000. Took it to local TV repair shop (after Samsung's website recommended a different shop that no longer exists).  The guy tried replacing the main board, but that didn't fix it. His next guess is that the entire panel is junk and the TV is not repairable, so that's a $1000 TV that's going in the dumpster after 4 years.  I understand that design problems happen, but Samsung should be willing to own up to it and offer a solution (e.g., voucher towards new TV) other than "unplug it and plug it back in". 

0 Likes