Original topic:

75” Q90T optical audio keeps switching to TV audio

(Topic created on: 4/16/21 7:20 PM)
techra
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hi 

I recently purchased this tv few days ago and I have it connected to a Samsung soundbar over optical cable. Randomly when I start the tv the audio switches to tv audio and I have to go to tv settings to switch it back to optical. I have tried turning off intelligent mode (don’t believe it has anything to do with switching audio) also have tried to leave the sound bar always on. But it keeps on happening randomly. 

any suggestion to fix the audio output to optical. 

thanks

3 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, does this occur when using HDMI? Also, have you made sure that anynet+ is turned on? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
techra
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

No, there is nothing connected over HDMI. The soundbar is connected through optical cable. Anynet+ is on, but does that have any impact on optical cable? I thought it was for only for HDMI-CEC. 

thanks

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My apologies for not clarifying have you tried using HDMI to see if this issue still occurs and if soo when anynet+ is turned on does this still occur? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes