JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ARC not working via Anynet, but Optical audio has issue too?

(Topic created: 10-16-2017 07:40 AM)
WhyBuy
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Using a hu6950 55 inch "Smart" TV, the setup is STB to Marantz receiver to TV. HDMI 4 is used for ouput via receiver with ARC turned on both TV and receiver. 

Tried to play video from apps (Netflix or Amazon video) and like many others posted on the net, The Anynet + CEC through ARC (HDMI4) could not have consistent handshake between receiver and TV. Gave up the ARC idea and hoping to get discrete channel audio via Optical audio, this does not work either.

Tried out many options, set audio to PCM, turned off Instant power on, TV factory reset, smart hub reset, audio reset, different HDMI ports, different HDMI cables, powering up sequence, manual switch to Audio out... etc. Not only is Anynet not working, I could not get Optical audio to turn on either (no light through the cable). Video quality is great, if only I enjoy silent videos.  The only available sound option is through TV speakers or through analog RCA output.

Tested out the Optical cable directly from STB to receiver and it is working fine. Is there a way to force this smart TV to be dumber so it could turn on optical audio output always?

Had a LG TV prior and never seemed to have issue this frustrating...

JUMP TO SOLUTION
59 Replies
usertXZrEtpVyv
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Never buying samsung products again. I have the qled 60 and 70 and same thing happened to both. Thought it was the samsung soundbars i had on them. I purchased the q70 soundbar on cyber monday and returned it the next day thinking that was it.  Had my eye on the jbl 5.1 but went with the samsung. Smh. Ended up getting the jbl and lost out on the sale price for cyber monday on it. Hooked it up and same issue. Followed your directions and worked like a charm. Thanks again!!  The jbl sounds 100 times better do glad I exchanged it. 

0 Likes
userYv3d5irzXX
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

YES THIS WORKED! I had such a big problem with my Samsung soundbar (HW-M550) disconnect for no reason. The stupid thing said receiver and when selecting via HDMI & it didn't work. I don't know why. Randomly, it just stopped working.

I tired the following

restarting my tv to factory settings (didn't work)

Changed HDMI cable (didn't work) 

played with different settings (Bluetooth and optical worked ARC did NOT)

Turned it on and off. 

Tried figuring out how to install firmware (couldn't)

Then stumbled on this... and it worked. 

I could never figure out why it just stopped working, drove me nuts. All night long. 

0 Likes
userdY9Ox1KyWm
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi, how did you solve this? 

I am having the same issue and cannot get my Onkyo receiver to be detected by the Samsung tv (UM8500).

Use various chords, but get same result.

Only way to get audio is through the optical, but cannot control receiver or even volume with the samsung remote.

Could the samsung connect unit be bad or needing replacement?

userPxcX2Mgx7a
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I had the same issue with my SS TV (un60ju7090) and Sony STR DN1080. The ARC set up was functioning as expected until last month and then av stopped recognising ARC. I tried all possible solutions, disconnected all HDMI cables over night and reconnected them, reset both devices, used remote help from SS and the support user basically reset my TV and asked to reset my receiver which worked until restarted my TV. 

I swapped my HDMI cables to rule out the faulty cable possibility. I had it working for a while when I turned off my sat TV box (Motorola Verizon VMS1100) the very next day arc was gone. 

I accidentally removed my sat TV box connection from my receiver, unplugged arc hdmi and plugged back on - bingo, everything works as I expected.  The culprit in my case is the Motorola Verizon sat box (VMS1100). 

I'm yet to find out why Verizon box is messing my ARC set up.

-update

Found an article on the web confirming this as a Verizon box issue.

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/fios-tv-cable-box-breaks-samsung-anynet-sync-need-help-34604...

0 Likes
usertGgBsq4aVl
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I had the same issue with my 85" QLED 85 TV QN85Q7DRAFXZA except that it turned to be a laptop that I had plugged into my PioneerVSX-LX303 receiver.  So thank you for your tip as I was at my wits end as to why it quit working and would hang on "Checking the arc connection" when doing setup on my Pioneer Stereo.

0 Likes
userV75L7EKBu3
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This worked for me, go to:

“Settings”

“General”

“External Device Manager”

Be sure Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) is

Highlighted

“Device Connect Manager”

“Device List”

“Edit”

Select “All” for “Smart Device”

All boxes will be checked

“Close”

My TV-ARC connected right away.

0 Likes
userVS69TpyErk
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

TV Model: Samsung U Series NU7400

Soundbar Moel: HW-N850

Problem: No TV ARC Detection on Soundbar

Solution: 

• Unplug all HDMI connection on the TV and Soundbar except the power cord.
  • Reset the sound bar by pressing and holding the Gear Icon/Settings button on the remote until the word "INIT" shows up on the display.

• Reset the TV by ressing and holding the power button until the Samsung start-up logo comes on. 
  • On the TV, go to the "Settings" menu, select "General" and it should show at the very bottom "Start set-up" option.
  • It will bring you to the screen where it will ask you to connect the HDMI cords to the TV.
  • Once you have connected the HDMI 3/TV ARC on the TV, connect the HDMI to the soundbar. It should say connected on the TV screen. Then it will ask you to power on the connected device, so turn on the soundbar. 
  • It should and it will detect and recognize  the soundbar and it will show you on the LCD display on the soundbar "TV ARC". 

That is how I solved the problem. 

0 Likes
userrDzaCieexp
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

To bad, here the same just thingfor one day it was fine and now nothing. Unplugged, new cable, reset soundbar and TV. installed again reset again installed again but nothing start the HDMI ARC. Samsung tv, soundbar, settopset and usb cable. all samsung and nothing communicates. all has tho be installed by hand.

tv QE65Q8CAM    3500€

HW-N950               1500€

settopbox  smt-g7400 from provider

it's a bad that after all this time and lot of complains there's no salution for this error. lots of money spend, empty pockets for nothing and nothing to show for. 

0 Likes
userdY9Ox1KyWm
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You can try unplugging TV's power cord and Receiver to reset the connection. It worked for me.

0 Likes
userBUhxGcbUMb
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a 8550 smart tv with a Samsung sound bar. A few weeks ago the sound bar went from regular ARC sound to intermittant to only D.in. I had searched several web sites for a fix and tried all possible solutions including unplugging power on all units and replacing the HDMI-ARC cable. I even swapped the existing sound bar with another same unit I had on another TV and still had the problem. I finally broke down and called tech support and spoke with Robert. We did a TV reset and that didn't work. We finally did a check on the firmware and eventhough is was listed as current, there was another upgrade available! The upgrade was listed on my model number under the "see more" section SW v. 1310.1 (specific to my model TV). Downloaded to a USB drive and unzipped (835K). Installed in USB drive of TV and went to support section of menu, firmware upgrade and went through the process. The TV went through a shutdown/start up and problem was fixed and everything is working fine now. I would preface that there may be several upgrade versions # and would be dependent on the model of the TV.

0 Likes