cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Amazon Prime app NOT streaming 4k

Hello, 

My Samsung JS9000 can not stream 4k content from the built-in Amazon Prime Video app. I tested with multiple shows that are 4k rated, but the TV only streams 1080p. I know it is not my TV or internet as the built-in Youtube app streams 4k seamlessly. I have tried reinstalling the app and factory resetting the TV. I have also streamed 4k content via my Chromecast via the iOS Prime App with no issues, however, I don't get Dolby Digital (whole other story). 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any suggestions to fix? 

Thank you,

Upset 4k TV consumer 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Amazon Prime app NOT streaming 4k

If the software on the television is up to date, I would recommend contacting Amazon regarding specific model compatibility. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you. I spoke with Amazon and they tried troubleshooting. Nothing worked and ended up saying to speak with Samsung. 

What do you think?

Highlighted
Asteroid

It used to stream UHD, stopped about 3 months ago.  1080 only now

Highlighted
Constellation

How come? Wow that is crazy. Appreciate your response. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Not sure, I thought that maybe because of my internet and how many devices I have kn wifi and hardwired but uhd works on my Xbox and nvidia shield but not the TV even though Netflix uhd works fine.  Def not samsung seems to me that amazon needs to update the app

Highlighted
Constellation

Have you tried to reach out to Amazon? If not, I can open a new thread on their forums and hopefully they fix. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have not, if you can it would be greatly appreciated 

Highlighted
Constellation

See below and comment as well to help the forum:

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P00007l0rxVSAQ/samsung-js9000-not-straming-4k-please-help

Let's get this resolved! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Seems like the app was updated to the newer version as it does not tell me what the content is streaming anymore.  Can you confirm if your is the same?