cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userqwICeg7ClK
Constellation

Amazon Prime app not working

Is this issue ever going to get resolved? The preloaded amazon app on my TV I just bought about 3 months ago is still not working. All other apps work flawlessly. I called amazon because the app kept saying that it was an internet issue which is not the case due to all my other apps working and I was told that it is a known problem that the preloaded amazon app is not working on samsung TVs. Samsung, how does this happen?

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Amazon Prime app not working

Hey! Thanks for reaching out, can I have your full model number?

Dwaelf
Astronaut

Hi Samsung Mods - I have a Samsung TV which I love and up to a few months ago it was fine, could access Amazon Prime, no problems. Then a while ago I had problems with the TV giving me a  error, saying I wasn't connected to the internet, which I was as I could access other apps online with no trouble. I've tried the unplugging and holding down the power button fixes and managed to log out of Prime but now can't get beyond Prime requesting me to log in for the first time (same error message).

I don't know what the model number is as it isn't listed on my manual or my receipt, but it is described as "32 inch Full hD LFD Screen 4--hz CMR, Wide Colour Enhancer, Freeview HD, Quad Core, Smart TV, 3D" and was bought 29/12/2015. Sorry if that isn't much help identifying it, but it's all I've got.

Any help solving this would be appreciated as we're in the middle of watching series' and my wife is driving me crazy wanting to know when it will be 'fixed'!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello, We're happy to look into this further, @Dwaelf You can find the model by going to Menu>Support>Contact Samsung. 

Some things that you can look into is, is the software up to date on the television?

select: Menu>Support>Software Update

If the unit is up to date and the symptoms are persisting, please try resetting the smart hub. 

When you perform a reset, all Smart Hub settings will revert to their factory defaults and all information related to Samsung accounts, linked service accounts, Smart Hub service agreements, and Smart Hub apps will be deleted. Once you're ready, follow these steps:

Navigate to Settings > Support. Select Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub, and then enter your PIN. After the reset is complete, select OK.

Note: The default PIN is 0000. You can set the PIN by navigating to Settings > General > System Manager > Change PIN.