JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Amazon prime issue

(Topic created: 01-09-2021 04:46 PM)
userPOu7RDq2kR
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have read about the amazon prime app not working on smart tv’s and tried all suggestions with no success. Now getting error code1060...any help or new ideas?

19 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

If this is the only app not working, you will need to reach out to the developers directly. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

MarkTWirth
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Had the same issue.  Prime would freeze upon launch and sometimes I could get in after waiting a few minutes and other times it would remain frozen.  I went to Settings > TV Device Manager > Manage Storage and cleared the Cache and Data for Amazon Prime and a couple of apps that I don't use like Apple TV and Hulu.  Also, ran Memory Boost and Clean Running Apps.  Can get into Amazon Prime everytime now. 

0 Likes
userb0FnGAU9J1
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I had the same issues, I found that by deleting the Anazon app and then reinstalling it fixed it. I had to do a couple of times until the issue was resolved (where it just freezes). Hope this helps some.

0 Likes
tamanaco
Halo
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This issue is NOT fixed... It's been reported many, many times. Yes, turning off, re-installing the app and praying... sometimes fixes it, but this is not working as designed or advertized. The problems returns after a few hours or days. The Samsung and Amazon Prime developers need to work with each other and get to the root of the problem. Stop asking individual end users to contact the Amazon developer as this will not fix the issue with all the TVs for all the users.

jophes
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Not sure why this post is tagged "Solved!" because it solves nothing. 

I have Samsung Q80T 55” (2020) Model: QN55Q80TAFXZA 

Amazon Prime Issue: 

1. Was working without issue from TV first use to ~ 1wk later
  2. Summary:
    1. Amazon app will open without issue
    2. I am logged into my Samsung account
    3. I am logged into my Amazon account
    4. I can browse and see “My Stuff”
    5. I can select and open a show
    6. Any show that has an Amazon pre-view/commercial will run the preview but after preview will not launch show and show error message
      1. Show launches pre-view runs but fails to launch actual show when preview ends
    7. Any show with a Trailer will run the Trailer without issue but fails to launch show
      1. Trailers work but show does not
  3. Remediation attempts:
    1. I have re-downloaded the app then powered down then up the TV (restart)
    2. I have logged-out of my Amazon account then back in
    3. I’ve changed DNS to “8.8.8.8” per Samsung troubleshooting guide
      1. Power cycled TV
    4. I’ve reverted DNS to “Automatic”
      1. Power cycled TV
    5. I've both fully exited the app and also tried just going to "Home" but neither make a difference
    6. Outcomes are seemingly random
      1. App will function properly but upon relaunch it fails again
      2. Or for no apparent reason will open and run one show but fail on another (completely random)

25. May 2020: 

1. Ran "Device Care" which includes clearing cache
    1. Amazon opened 3 shows successfully

Not sure how long the app will continue to function properly but I suspect that I'll have to clear the cache frequently 

MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We understand that the marked “Accepted Solution” may not be the solution for everyone on a particular thread or topic, but since it has worked for some, it has been marked as a solution. We appreciate your participation in the Community; please feel free to reach out to a moderator if you have any further concerns regarding posted content.

Thank you, The Samsung Community Team

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
jophes
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude but reaching out to the developer is not a solution. A solution is one that Samsung should provide. It's a Samsung TV and Samsung should ensure advertised functions - function. There's  even a button on my remote dedicated to Amazon. 

Question: Do any of these issues noted in this forum ever get a response from Samsung? 

user49fwnTCAys
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

What you explained to do worked. Sometimes I have to go out of a show and go back in for it to stop freezing. How crazy for a Samsung employee to just say contact someone else. We can't help. And a person who doesn't work there can at least find something to do in the meantime. TV is all people have been able to do this past year and still no REAL solution on this forum. Smh

Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Have you tried going into your amazon account and removing the tv from devices? You can then try logging in the tv as a new device and see if that helps.

0 Likes