JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Annoying chiming sound during viewing

(Topic created: 07-26-2020 05:44 PM)
pop2
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I purchased a 65" Class TU8000 Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV (2020) 2 weeks ago.  It randomly makes an annoying chiming sound. This sound totally disrupts our viewing experience. Any advice?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
27 Replies
critterlyn
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
IT WORKED! THE CHIMING IS GONE!!
🥳🥳🤞🥳🥳
I saw the fix on a different site. I turned my tv off, deleted SMART THINGS then turned my cell phone off and left it in another room. Walked back into my living room, turned mt tv back on and jumped and jump and NO CHIMING. Now I'm watching my Samsung tv while texting this!🤞🥳🤞
userr8NIy4DRQx
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It was working great until all of a sudden we are now getting these chimes. We have no alexa, reset sound settings, factory reset, Uninstall the smart things app, turned of location, settings, and even moved our phones into another room and still getting these chimes. Finally realized, it was the ps4. We use Netflix, YouTube, all those tv apps from the ps4. We just used the tv features and it still chimes randomly. 

@pop2 wrote:

I purchased a 65" Class TU8000 Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV (2020) 2 weeks ago.  It randomly makes an annoying chiming sound. This sound totally disrupts our viewing experience. Any advice?

0 Likes
userX0lR0ed9N2
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Chiming here also. (QE55Q7FAM)

no alexa.

muting the tv doesn't solve it

disconnecting any other device doesn't solve it

hitting the home button so the menu starts almost instantly kills the annoying sound, but after a while, sometimes seconds, sometimes minutes it starts again

please Samsung update something, this sound wasn't there the first 2 years. 

0 Likes
BIGCZ79
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I am having same issue. has there been a better fix yet.
0 Likes
userL4YxcFYTei
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I deleted Amazon Alexa and so far the chime has stopped. Nothing else had worked

0 Likes
Adillz
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I purchased a 65" Crystal Smart TV a month ago and in the last 2wks Ive been hearing chiming every few mins...I just read most of these responses. I dont have the Alexa app on but I do have a Firestick connected so I turned of the Alexa notifications on the stick and the chiming has stop...
0 Likes
Adillz
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I thought I fixed this issue but NO LUCK....Im starting to hate this TV
0 Likes
userdOATXFwREh
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I would suggest:

Factory resetting TV.

Delete Smart Things app from your Galaxy or mobile device (phone).

Completely skip using Smart Things setup suggested by initial Samsung TV start up once you factory restore.

Following these steps should eliminate annoying chime (or atleast it did for me - going on day 5 with no issues since factory reset and removal of Smart Things app from my note 20+ ultra)
0 Likes