JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Anynet Not stopped working

(Topic created: 03-19-2020 04:55 AM)
GugsJr
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

My anynet stopped working randomly.  Everything was working fine and I just noticed that my sound bar and TV aren't working together and my sound bar is no longer listed under my speaker list.

I've had these up and running for about 2 years now with no issues .  The problem just started happening.  I've tried new cables (exsiting cables I have), power cycling and searching for anynet devices on my tv.  Nothing is working.  Please help

Equipment:

Sound bar:  hw-j7500 (firmware 3109.2 /1002.2R)

TV: UN65JU7500F (version 1469)

16 Replies
uservJdZaLPEHn
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Worked for me, too!

0 Likes
usermTAM0trvIy
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Worked for me! Thank you!!!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

You are most welcome.

0 Likes
KSM_Dham
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I feel that I have figured out why the saung smart TV looses comunication with Samsung Souround systems.  I have a Samsung HT-H4500 - home theater system - 5.1 and Samsung Q60R.  Whenever there is a power  outage - wheather it be a quick flash or or prolonged outage the two would stop talking to each other (HDMI 4 ARC Port)  and the Samsung Q60R would only see the HT-H4500 as a blueray player.   After many tries following the forums and trying my paitence the below finaly worked for me.

1. turned off anynet ARC on both devices

2. unplugged both devices from power

3. upluged HDMI cord from HDMI port 4 ARC on TV

4. waited a few mintites

5.  Plugged the two devices into a UPS ( so they never loose power AND I HOPE TO NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS BS EVER AGAIN)

6. Pluged the HT-H4500 HDMI cable back in to TV ARC PORT - and let the TV find it as a Blueray player

7.  Went back into settings of both devices and truned on Anynet/ARC back to on

8. Unplugged the cable from the HDMI port 4 ARC on the TV

9. Wated a few mintures pluged it back in and then the TV recognized it as a "Receiver" 

10. Swiched TV sound from TV to Surround 

The KEY TAKEAWAY is that for the Anynet/ARC devices - they cant loose power completely so put them on a UPS - then set them up 

userJSLJerCvyQ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

This solved the issue I was having with my Sonos speaker! Thank you so much. I spent days trying to resolve it, until I found your solution! 

0 Likes
user2PFNlVrcNJ
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

This did not work for me. I am having isssues with anynet+ (HDMI CEC) and my apple tv. Before i was able to turn on/off  both devices with one remote and suddenly it has stopped working. I followed the tips given above and the problem has not been resolved. I have also made sure that both devices are currently up to date and have all necessary options " Anynet+"(Samsung) and " Control Tv and Recievers" (Apple) and no luck. Additionally I have reset both devices and have also had no luck. I have also replaced the HDMI  to a new one that does support CEC and no luck either. However, when I  unplug the Samsung tv and plug it back after 15 minutes , the AppleTV remote does turn on and off the Samsung tv, but will only do it 1 or 2 times and then go back to not working again. I've spoken to Apple  and the advisor was not able to help me and instructed that HDMI CEC is a hit or miss and they cannot control that. It's such a headache because this function DID work before and now seems to have stopped working out of nowhere. 

Ive also spoken to samsung tech support and they were unable to find a solution for me and advised that i seek help from third parties like geek squad . 
One possible solution I did find, is that the AppleTV allows you add third party remotes, and I've added my Samsung tv remote to function on my AppleTV, but it does not work perfectly. Most buttons seem to work volume, menu, home and the directional buttons;however, using the select/okay button will make the window on the Samsung tv that shows you what output you're currently on display every time. And turning on both devices with the one remote doesn't work either. To do this go through the AppleTV Settings > Remotes and Devices and select Learn Remote.

userB2Eq7u7VtD
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issue here with the Apple TV and my Bose SoundTouch 300 Soundbar. They were all plugged in with HDMI directly to the my Samsung 5 Series UN55MU6300 and they will work for a while and stop. Each time I try to unplug everything and after different combos eventually I'd get them back. It just happened again and this time the Soundbar disappeared from HDMI-ARC and wouldn't show up again. Well it did, but then it wouldn't play sound through it even when it recognized it. Now I've switched to Optical which Samsung doesn't have the capability to  Power the Soundbar on and off automatically for some reason. It works fine, but now I've got to use 3 remotes to operate each device. My power never went off so that's not why this is happening either. This is a clear problem that's been documented by so many people, but Samsung hasn't come out with an update to fix it. This is my 4th Samsung TV and honestly it's been nothing but a headache. They're obviously not interested in fixing this issue that should be a given so I'll just let this be my last Samsung. 

0 Likes