JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Apple HomeKit For Samsung TV

(Topic created: 04-23-2020 08:21 AM)
user0rEulLng1x
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I bought a Samsung TV in Portugal, one of the features I wanted was full integration with the apple ecosystem. what do you think when haver airplay? but the homekit fail, I’m thinking of moving to lg now!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Certain Samsung televisions current support Apple TV and Apple music. They will not support Apple Homekit until a compatible version is released by Apple.

View solution in context

16 Replies
MB-837
Product Expert
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi @user0rEulLng1x 

Here is a list of compatible Samsung t.v.'s. Now this is the North America list. It might/might not be the same as your country.

Apple T.V. compatible:

• Samsung QLED 8K Q9, Q8 Series (2019, 2020)
  • Samsung QLED 4K Q9, Q8, Q7, Qx Series (2018, 2019, 2020)
  • Samsung UHD 8, 7, 6 Series (2018, 2019, 2020)
  • Samsung FHD/HD 5,4 Series (2018, 2019, 2020)
  • Samsung Serif Series (2019, 2020)
  • Samsung The Frame Series (2018, 2019, 2020)
  • Samsung The Sero Series (2019, 2020)

Airplay 2 compatible:

• Samsung FHD/HD 4, 5 Series (2018)
  • Samsung QLED 4K Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9 Series (2018, 2019)
  • Samsung QLED 8K Q9 Series (2019)
  • Samsung The Frame Series (2018, 2019)
  • Samsung Serif Series (2019)
  • Samsung UHD 6, 7, 8 Series (2018, 2019)

Hope this info helps in any way. Have a great day. 

user0rEulLng1x
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes I have airplay and apple apps, but I don't have access to the homekit integration. are different things. so it's stupid because samsung wants to force you to use its smartthings platform ... 

userA9oIKmvPxp
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi, 

I agree with the frustration of @user0rEulLng1x . In the list of compatible devices, is there a Homekit QR code that we can scan?

Thanks!

userHgQ7Loa4jV
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I buy Samsung frame today. Tv is Great but iam totalny angry with no HomeKit! Support in 2020! I think i will back tv and buy other brand with HomeKit. And i see service bro answer Here!

user2H7FYbNlvu
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

So why when standing near my Samsung UHD series 7 HomeKit doesn't see the device nor can I find the manual code or QR to link HomeKit 

userFuHPFHO1tu
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the Samsung UHD 6 Series. Just bought it  in the US. I can't find the QR code for HomeKit integration.. Please help.

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Certain Samsung televisions current support Apple TV and Apple music. They will not support Apple Homekit until a compatible version is released by Apple.

userAStaMKfgsJ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It looks that LG has HomeKit support because there are several YouTube videos showing how to do it. The ball is in your court Samsung, please make HomeKit available. 

userVZK0doHVWx
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Blaming Apple is a new low. I bought a Samsung QLED 7, no HomeKit compatibility even if you broadcasted you would support it. I'm really frustrated... This is 2020, aren't there any highter moral grounds you could think of reaching than feodal warmongering?