Original topic:

Apple TV - Built in App - Dark

(Topic created on: 4/22/21 5:01 AM)
Fowler93
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hi There, 

I'm trying to resolve an issue where the Apple TV app is really dark and washed out when watching. 

I have watched it on my PC & Ipad and can see a significant difference. Night scenes are almost unwatchable! I've put my brightness all up on Max but no luck in any significant change, and i have no issues with the other applications. 

I have contacted both Samsung & Apple about this and both seem to not know of the issue. Apple also suggested me turning off the HDR in my expert settings but I don't seem to have an option to do that. 

I would love to resolve this so I can enjoy the free trial of Apple TV 

My model of TV is  Samsung QE43Q65T (2020) QLED HDR 4K

Thanks,

The image on the Left being my TV - On the Right my PC 

image_50413057.JPGCentral PC.JPG

6 Replies
MoonRun3s
Galaxy
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
The "expert settings" menu is a hidden menu in AppleTV. There are plenty of videos online of how to access it
0 Likes
Fowler93
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Thanks for the Help! Im trying to look now
Everything I find is only showing me AppleTV systems and how to get to the expert settings on that. Nothing about how to access it via the Samsung app on the TV.
So I don't have an Apple TV Im using the Apple TV app on the Samsung TV

0 Likes
MoonRun3s
Galaxy
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Ah, I'm not too familiar with the app. I use the 2nd generation AppleTV. I would keep searching around for picture options, maybe your phone or TV settings as well.
0 Likes
Fowler93
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Yeah, that's what I've been going through. Appreciate the Help.

It's so odd because even when I airplay it to the TV the settings and colours completely change to this foggy dark colour, even if I turn the full brightness up. Then the guy at apple said about turning off the HDR, but can't find an option on my model to do that. 

Ill keep digging 

0 Likes
MoonRun3s
Galaxy
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
It might also have something to do with the new AppleTV 4k. With the whole color calibration thing.
0 Likes
Fowler93
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Yeah both Samsung and Apple when ive spoken to them blame each other, so I might just have to wait for a firmware update or something. 

0 Likes