cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userrcAZsWXphj
Constellation

Apple TV and Airplay Not on NU6900

I have tried multiple times to talk with customer service, but all they do is get me to factory reset the TV and power cycle it every time.... I have the latest 1251 firmware and my TV is in the list of models that will get the APP and have Airplay 2 functionality (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082624/)

I'm saddened by the lack of information or help on this... Ihave now been waiting more than a week for information and keephitting deadends with customer support.

Why is there no information about the delay?

Ad if there is a delay why is every customer support agent not aware and has me resetting the tv over and over again?

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Apple TV and Airplay Not on NU6900

I was told that model will require a TV software update above 1251 first, but release date of that firmware is TBD.

userZ4YfDf6H5w
Asteroid

Same issue here, glad it's not just me, I have 4 of them.  All are up to 1251.  No Apple TV app.  

userPYy8MVNkli
Constellation

Same here 1251 firmware and have reset the SmartHub app. Still nothing. 

userdNSIJOurP4
Asteroid

I bought 11 6900 models (different sizes from 40-65) for my law firm relying on Samsung’s claim that Airplay 2 was supported immediately. That apparently is a misrepresentation. Please provide an ETA.

userbNvbmVlmTI
Astronaut

We are having the same issue. We just purchased this tv, only to discover that it’s the only one that promised the Apple TV app but doesn’t have it. Frustrating.

OkinawaSamurai
Constellation

Sadly, I feel Samsung does not care and/or does not know what they are doing.  First time I called, after they confirmed my TV should have the Apple TV app and I am on the current update, they had me go through all the reset processes.  Still no Apple TV, then told to wait a week to see if it shows up.  After 2 weeks, I call again and then told that Apple TV is not an app available for Samsung TVs.  I just hung up.  So I sent in a request via the TV, recieved the call and was told that the update with Apple TV has not yet been released, which contradicts that Samsung released in their news feed.  Totally unacceptable customer service. 

userZ4YfDf6H5w
Asteroid

I'm getting the same run around on my NU6900s losing the ability to stream.  I use them strictly for streaming from wifi.  On a daily basis I need to unplug them to allow the streaming to work.  Only way to do this for my 50" is to pull it off the mount.  They've asked me to run an ethernet cable to them.  That's not pratical, nor is it what I paid for.  Between that, the lack of Apple TV and the poor customer service,  I really do regret purchasing this model.

userQXuECiShpo
Astronaut

I spoke with a customer service rep about this since I just purchased a NU6900 TV for the Apple TV app and Airplay 2.

He told me that this model is on the list of TVs that will get supported, but my current firmware (1251.0) will need an update to enable it.

He couldn’t give me an ETA on that update because it sounds like it’s actually coming TV-by-TV from Apple.

That suprised me until I remembered this stuff is built on Apple’s code base and they’re doing interesting things like shutting down Samsung’s tracking when you’re in the Apple TV app.

Hopefully this helps clear up the miscommunication from Samsung.

userglGzTx5ADL
Constellation

Sounds like a classic switch the blame to Apple tactic.  Samsung made a huge announcement stating all their compatible TV’s were upgraded to receive AirPlay and the Apple TV app when it wasn’t true.  They failed to deliver and even admitted that the current 6900’s requires a firmware update to enable the features but they have delayed it not Apple.  The least Samsung could have done is backtrack on their announcement but I guess looking incompetent in light of exploding batteries was all the negative press they could handle.  

Never buying Samsung garbage again.  Vizio announced their TV’s will get AirPlay support this summer.  According to CNET, Vizio TV’s are the better buy over Samsung.