cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rafael8
Constellation

Apps not working on Smart devices - TV UN75MU6070FXZA (VUDU) - RF28HMELBSR (WeatherBug / AP News)

I am extremely disappointed with some of my Samsung smart devices and would really appreciate some help from Samsung to address this matter. The main reason we all invest in Smart devices in to benefit from having (part of) our digital life available in our devices through the internet (IoT), and most of it is only possible through apps. If those apps stop working for any reason the smart device will lose its purpose and can no longer be considered a smart one.

Samsung TV - Model UN75MU6070FXZA

The VUDU app no longer connects in my Samsung TV. The problem is not with VUDU since it works just fine in any other device we have. I keep getting the error message "unable to request light device, check your internet connection or try again later." I have shut down (pulled the plug) and restarted my TV multiple times, switched the internet connection between wireless and wired back and forth, but nothing worked. I was not able to remove the app (to install again) because the TV does not allow to delete its native apps. Have been using other streaming services to rent new movies but I mainly use VUDU to access my digital library and purchases made through UV, Movies Anywhere, iTunes, Fandango NOW, etc. 

Samsung Refrigerator - Model RF28HMELBSR

The Weather Bug app stopped working several months ago. I thought it would be a temporary problem but it has never been resolved even after reseting the family hub multiple times. When I open the app it closes after a few seconds and displays the message "Server Disconnected Please connect a little later"

The AP News app is no longer displaying the latest news. Instead, there is a static message informing the content is no longer available through the app but users can still access the AP News content through their website. At least there is a message stating that it is no longer available so no one would mistake it for a bug or problem. Still, very disappointed because I used to use it multiple times a day. Any plans to replace it with another News app?

Can SAMSUNG at least comment on each of these issues?

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Apps not working on Smart devices - TV UN75MU6070FXZA (VUDU) - RF28HMELBSR (WeatherBug / AP N...

Hello there, here is some information for you regarding these apps:

AP News app- At this time there have been no reports on adding a new news app, however, one may still be added in the future. We are unable to speculate on the possible release of future updates that may add this. 

Weather Bug app- This is an issue with Weather Bug, we have the issue escalated on our end are are recommending users speak with Weather Bug's developer. 

VUDU app- Despite Vudu working on other devices, this is still a Vudu issue that they will need to address. The app for the TVs is specifically not working, their other services seem to work normally. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userEnt7TNcfB3
Constellation

Re: Apps not working on Smart devices - TV UN75MU6070FXZA (VUDU) - RF28HMELBSR (WeatherBug / AP N...

The weather bug stopped working quite a while ago. The AP news quit in last few weeks.

Why did these go away?

Was I made aware of this when I bought the refrigerator? I don't see anything in the owners manual that says "you will have apps disappear on your smart refrigerator". 

Thanks for your quick reply. 

userhU37DAl11I
Astronaut

Hi,

I have the same problem with this refrigerator. 

For Samsung to introduce a novel concept and get consumers to buy an expensive product without any plans of a longer generation support is a terrible idea.  People buy and hold on to their refrigerators for years.  So, for a tablet to start showing end of life apps within a few years of purchase is a bad idea.

Any plans for Samsung to work with app developers to update the applications or get new ones working?  If not, at least allow the consumers to delete these apps?

I am not ever buying a smart appliance from Samsung after this experience and not recommending it either.

Thanks

usernEDrEyh1fx
Asteroid

Is there a way to delete the AP News app so it doesn't display the error message?

Rafael8
Constellation

AP News app - When Samsung decide to retire an app it should at least release a new firmware allowing it to be deleted or replacing it with a new one. Now I have an App constantly displaying no content on the screen and cannot even get rid of it. Something that was meant to impress family and friend is now just a statement for all of us exposing the Samsung products' flaws. Too bad!

Weather Bug app - I would recommend Samsung to consider using a more reliable company to partner with. This company is clearly living up to its name with so many bugs. Why can't you partner with Weather Channel or some other major company?

In regargs to the TV we had other issues with it (banding and clouding) and decided to replace it. Cannot speak for the VUDU App issue anymore.

I will not accept this as a solution until I can get rid of the AP News app.

usernEDrEyh1fx
Asteroid

Is there a way to delete the AP News app so it doesn't display the error message?

useriG4BbtYC1Y
Asteroid

Re: Apps not working on Smart devices - TV UN75MU6070FXZA (VUDU) - RF28HMELBSR (WeatherBug / AP News

I was having problems with all my apps.  Tried getting off network and signing in again, twice, redid settings, twice.  Finally unplugged the tv overnight and it worked.

userBLwXCNSYwA
Constellation

Re: Apps not working on Smart devices - TV UN75MU6070FXZA (VUDU) - RF28HMELBSR (WeatherBug / AP News

I have the same problem.  The only app that works for me is Pandora.  I have contacted Samsung several times in the past year and have gotten nowhere.  The only thing that I can suggest (and which I did) is that everyone reports it to Consumer Affairs so that other people won't  pay the extra money for a feature that won't work in 5 years or less - unless, of course, you generally buy a new refirgerator every five years.