JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Autorun Last App Not Working

(Topic created: 01-25-2020 09:05 AM)
userZhKXEn3dio
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I  normally use YoutubeTV for everyday viewing. This TV has a setting that, supposedly, powers up on the last app that was in use when the TV was turned off. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to make it work. I've tried it on both Youtube TV and Hulu to see if it worked on one but not the other but it doesn't return to either of them. So far I checked the firmware update but the TV says I have the latest version. I see a number of posts in a google search but no solutions. I purchased the TV about two weeks ago at BestBuiy. Can anyone point me to a solution?

60 Replies
userLiw8MzgqLc
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Autorun last app Not working on SAMSUNG T4500 👎🏻

Maverick28
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This does not work.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Good afternoon, everyone. In order to use the Autorun Last App feature, two things are required. First is to make sure that Autorun Smart Hub at Startup is enabled, Second, the app that you want to run must support this feature. YouTube TV is one of the apps that does not support Autorun Last App.

0 Likes
Maverick28
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Maybe you can point to a list of apps that do support this feature?
userApelLsxRgp
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I find that Autorun Last App works with Amazon and Netflix but not YouTube TV.  If I turn off the TV while using either the Amazon or Netflix app, when I turn it back on, whichever app I used last is run.  The manual says: This function may not be supported depending on the app. It appears that means YouTube TV.

useruQMu6KaX12
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It's not working for me either and driving me crazy.  I have autorun last app and autorun smarthub both turned on and it doesn't matter.  Samsung needs to fix this.  

userviYtfohUxc
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Samsung please add YouTube TV to this "autorun" thing!!! 

userOnL7dIw4Gx
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Exact same issue. This is NOT SOLVED. 

At first I thought I was doing something wrong. But after reading this thread, I tried it with Amazon Prime and it worked. But, it DID NOT WORK with other apps like Plex. 

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Which model television are you using?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userBllhu9kySD
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Why does that matter? I have the same issue with the 65" Frame TV.