JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Autorun Last App Not Working

(Topic created on: 6/1/20 12:55 PM)
userZhKXEn3dio
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I  normally use YoutubeTV for everyday viewing. This TV has a setting that, supposedly, powers up on the last app that was in use when the TV was turned off. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to make it work. I've tried it on both Youtube TV and Hulu to see if it worked on one but not the other but it doesn't return to either of them. So far I checked the firmware update but the TV says I have the latest version. I see a number of posts in a google search but no solutions. I purchased the TV about two weeks ago at BestBuiy. Can anyone point me to a solution?

userN7wu5ReRkq
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

You should return it.  I believe this is a defect and samsung should be forced to repair.

userXMsaQVrC3V
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I sent an email to officeofthepresident@sea.samsumg.com on Friday and they called me back this morning.  The autorun last app only works with the default applications that are installed but, they agreed to make this known with the front line technical support team and they also indicated they will be adding additional streaming apps such as Spectrum and Xfinity to the supported list with their next release of software in the June, July time frame.

If you are having this issue with apps I suggest you email them at the above address and express your grievance so that they add your app to the list for their software development team. 

userFFfk87Fxz7
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

They should go a little further and make that option available for all the downloadble apps within the store. For instance, I am using an IPTV app that I would like to autorun on every start, but instead I get TVPlus, like everyone else here.

So yeah, it would make a whole lot of sense to include that option for all the apps within the "store".

usermXidxs1Y0L
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

It is absolutely ridiculous that Samsung cannot fix this!  TVPlus is a waste.  Never buying a Samsung again given how rigid the products are by vintage.  Cater to your customers.

Also, I have a 2018 model that can use 5G, but a 2017 model cant.  

userLiw8MzgqLc
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

NO, NOT WORKING WITH PREINSTALLED APP EVEN YOUTUBE, NETFLIX ETC

0 Likes
usersSjYWjd97U
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same issue here, extremely annoying. I started using the app on AppleTV for this reason but I'd much rather use the Samsung app.

Also, I'm sure not Samsung's fault but the Samsung YouTube TV app doesnt save the last played channel like it does on other devices (AppleTV, Fire stick, web, etc).

user5JePqdBWb5
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello all,

Just purchased the N5300 in order to cut the cable cord. With cable you could turn the TV on and the last channel would appear. We tend to watch the same channel in the evening.

Some in our household are not very adapt at using a remote and a Smart TV is a bit more complicated to get to Yahoo Live or whatever app one uses to stream live TV. After reading the above posts and realizing that Samsung will not adapt autorun to downloaded apps may cause me to return it for fire stick television.

If anyone else has a fix I'm sure we all would like to hear it.

Eugene_Kiselev
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same here ! 

This is the "Samsung's business as usual" issue,  very standard for Samsung - advertise the feature but forget to properly implement it and keep ignoring it till the end of the product.
 Hardware is ok but both software and client service is always a trash ( I suspect this is rather not intentional but an atmosphere inside when employees don't really like working there and just don't care about the company reputation)
We won't get this solved ever, fellas Smiley Sad 

user6aqvPXRhVz
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This is a limitation on YouTube TV.  As was mentioned near the top, Amazon and Netflix work fine.  For some reason, YouTube TV does not allow the Samsung TV to auto launch it after it is powered off.  

0 Likes
userwTUntZMjCy
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Not solved- message says this function does not work on all TVs.  Cannot autorun HULU, my primary TV provider.  Always starts with VEDO music station.  Plz fix, very annoying!