JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Autorun Last App Not Working

(Topic created: 06-01-2020 12:55 PM)
userZhKXEn3dio
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I  normally use YoutubeTV for everyday viewing. This TV has a setting that, supposedly, powers up on the last app that was in use when the TV was turned off. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to make it work. I've tried it on both Youtube TV and Hulu to see if it worked on one but not the other but it doesn't return to either of them. So far I checked the firmware update but the TV says I have the latest version. I see a number of posts in a google search but no solutions. I purchased the TV about two weeks ago at BestBuiy. Can anyone point me to a solution?

usert7VRBGcTfJ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Give it another Vote for Samsung to provide an update to include Youtube TV app to the autorun last feature.  Hopefully if we get enough votes (long enough thread) they might actually do something.

userVCKX2LLJ5R
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

WOW...seriously?? Absolutely no reason for this unless they have some undisclosed agreement with TVplus. In this day where a LOT of people are serving their "TV" from apps this is a total fail. I use Spectrum app for my TV (probably a fail in it's self LOL, but the price is right), so now I get continually asked by my wife wtaf is wrong with the channels on the tv because TVplus keeps booting up. I even deleted the TVplus app!!!!! Considering returning my 65 to Sam's Club without a box. 

userJC6rVZ8doJ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having this problem, but also shopping for a new large tv for our living room.  Samsung is absolutely off our list because of this. We really don't like that tv, and try to warn anyone we can about buying a Samsung.  Samsung used to be our 'go to', no matter what.  But now it's our 'never go to'.  Especially since they are aware of it and won't address it.  We will probably end up with an LG instead.

Average_Joe
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I also am very disappointed that this autorun feature does not work with YouTubeTV or most other apps. Samsung should not advertise a feature that doesn't work! I was able to autorun YouTubeTV at startup on my previous TV. Very disappointed that I spent so much money on a new Samsung Q80 TV that can't do what my previous TV from 5 years ago could do. I won't be recommending or puchasing Samsung again unless this gets fixed!

userN7wu5ReRkq
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You should return it.  I believe this is a defect and samsung should be forced to repair.

userXMsaQVrC3V
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I sent an email to officeofthepresident@sea.samsumg.com on Friday and they called me back this morning.  The autorun last app only works with the default applications that are installed but, they agreed to make this known with the front line technical support team and they also indicated they will be adding additional streaming apps such as Spectrum and Xfinity to the supported list with their next release of software in the June, July time frame.

If you are having this issue with apps I suggest you email them at the above address and express your grievance so that they add your app to the list for their software development team. 

userFFfk87Fxz7
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

They should go a little further and make that option available for all the downloadble apps within the store. For instance, I am using an IPTV app that I would like to autorun on every start, but instead I get TVPlus, like everyone else here.

So yeah, it would make a whole lot of sense to include that option for all the apps within the "store".

usermXidxs1Y0L
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It is absolutely ridiculous that Samsung cannot fix this!  TVPlus is a waste.  Never buying a Samsung again given how rigid the products are by vintage.  Cater to your customers.

Also, I have a 2018 model that can use 5G, but a 2017 model cant.  

userLiw8MzgqLc
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

NO, NOT WORKING WITH PREINSTALLED APP EVEN YOUTUBE, NETFLIX ETC

0 Likes
userJmxRaXy3qT
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is not accurate as of May 2022.  I have four different model Samsung TVs and some of them will autorun the last app and some of them will not autorun the last app....even for the same app, pre-loaded on both televisions (e.g., Sling, Hulu).