JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Autorun Last App Not Working

(Topic created: 06-02-2020 08:06 PM)
userZhKXEn3dio
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I  normally use YoutubeTV for everyday viewing. This TV has a setting that, supposedly, powers up on the last app that was in use when the TV was turned off. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to make it work. I've tried it on both Youtube TV and Hulu to see if it worked on one but not the other but it doesn't return to either of them. So far I checked the firmware update but the TV says I have the latest version. I see a number of posts in a google search but no solutions. I purchased the TV about two weeks ago at BestBuiy. Can anyone point me to a solution?

60 Replies
usersSjYWjd97U
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue here, extremely annoying. I started using the app on AppleTV for this reason but I'd much rather use the Samsung app.

Also, I'm sure not Samsung's fault but the Samsung YouTube TV app doesnt save the last played channel like it does on other devices (AppleTV, Fire stick, web, etc).

user5JePqdBWb5
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello all,

Just purchased the N5300 in order to cut the cable cord. With cable you could turn the TV on and the last channel would appear. We tend to watch the same channel in the evening.

Some in our household are not very adapt at using a remote and a Smart TV is a bit more complicated to get to Yahoo Live or whatever app one uses to stream live TV. After reading the above posts and realizing that Samsung will not adapt autorun to downloaded apps may cause me to return it for fire stick television.

If anyone else has a fix I'm sure we all would like to hear it.

Eugene_Kiselev
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same here ! 

This is the "Samsung's business as usual" issue,  very standard for Samsung - advertise the feature but forget to properly implement it and keep ignoring it till the end of the product.
 Hardware is ok but both software and client service is always a trash ( I suspect this is rather not intentional but an atmosphere inside when employees don't really like working there and just don't care about the company reputation)
We won't get this solved ever, fellas Smiley Sad 

user6aqvPXRhVz
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is a limitation on YouTube TV.  As was mentioned near the top, Amazon and Netflix work fine.  For some reason, YouTube TV does not allow the Samsung TV to auto launch it after it is powered off.  

0 Likes
userwTUntZMjCy
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Not solved- message says this function does not work on all TVs.  Cannot autorun HULU, my primary TV provider.  Always starts with VEDO music station.  Plz fix, very annoying!

useruxRqK2Cr3e
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I use Hulu as my TV provider too... and this is ridiculously annoying. I think being able to autostart apps was a feature that started back with editing autorun.bat in DOS.  This is not rocket science and there's no way their engineers can't make this work.  They just don't prioritize what their customers actually want over what the company wants customers to want.

I will not buy another Samsung TV.... and actually I'm looking at leaving Samsung's phones even. Their we know what you want better than we do so we'll pre-load all our cr*p and not let you remove it attitude is rivaled only by Apple. Not all their stuff is bad.  I actually used to like Samsung Health (before they locked down what you can integrate with), but there's no way I want Bixby, Samsung Pay, Samsung Music, Samsung Note, Samsung Store, Samsung TV Plus... and then whatever apps another company pays them money to load.... I don't care if they make money preloading them... but the locking them down so I can't get rid of them leaving me with bloatware that erodes the amount of memory I have available, etc. is unacceptable to me.

userx6nSlp4rNt
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This issue is not a problem with Samsung, its a problem with the way Youtube TV app was developed with the option to have Autorun last app enabled during development, please email youtube tv support (yt-purchase-support@google.com) the following issue and have their development work on the fix:

yt-purchase-support@google.com

Dear Youtube TV Support Team,

There is an issue that has been brought up numerous times in the Youtube TV support forms, Samsung forums, Reddit support forums that never got resolved

The issue is on any Samsung Smart TV that offers Youtube TV app (2016 to 2020), when you shut off the tv, and turn it back on again, it does not go back to the Youtube TV app. This does not happen on many other apps on the Samsung Smart TV platform, it doesn't happen in the regular Youtube app or Youtube Kids app, this problem occurs on the Youtube TV app (which suggests the problem is intentional, but i hope it's just because of negligence)

Samsung offers the feature call "Autorun Last App" on Startup, but the developer of the app must enable it when they make the app. 

The Youtube TV app is the only app i use on the TV, so it's not fair that the TV has to open a different app first, and i have to always manually switch back to the Youtube TV app, this is a waste of time and nuisance for everyone who uses this app on Samsung Smart TV's.

Please speak to the developers to allow this feature to the app, please collaborate with the developers of the Youtube app or Youtube Kids app so they can help train on how to enable this feature. 

I set this app on my elderly parents tv in my house and it's difficult for them to switch apps, and i want the TV to always boot up straight away to the YouTube TV app for them

It's a very simple feature to enable, please, I implore your team to make this your number 1 priority. Samsung Smart TV platform is the most common TV sold in America, it shouldn't be overlooked. 

Thank you for your time and patience, I listed below all the support threads that are currently discussing this missing feature.

MTFred
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung - 65KS9500FXZA 4K Ultra HD TV and I have the same issue with Hulu. I set the "autorun smart hub" on and the "autorun last app" on. It does work with Netflex and Amazon Prime but not with Hulu.

0 Likes
userx6nSlp4rNt
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

the only chance we have is to keep contacting youtube tv and Hulu support with requests to fix this, this is not a samsung issue, samsung developed autorun last app feature to be enabled by the individual developers of the app, maybe thats a mistake, but its too late to be changed now.

Keep sending support tickets with YouTube TV and Hulu

0 Likes
usermeoQwXnB7V
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

its crazy how all these low budget apps can properly implement this feature, like plex and emby, but YouTube TV with all their subscribers cannot implement autorun last app on startup

0 Likes