JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Autorun Last App Not Working

(Topic created: 11-10-2020 07:06 AM)
userZhKXEn3dio
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I  normally use YoutubeTV for everyday viewing. This TV has a setting that, supposedly, powers up on the last app that was in use when the TV was turned off. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to make it work. I've tried it on both Youtube TV and Hulu to see if it worked on one but not the other but it doesn't return to either of them. So far I checked the firmware update but the TV says I have the latest version. I see a number of posts in a google search but no solutions. I purchased the TV about two weeks ago at BestBuiy. Can anyone point me to a solution?

60 Replies
userBY0IAQjQPE
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Does not work with Spectrum TV

userfgOOtZIiR8
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same problem.  I have contacted customer service several times via phone and chat and unfortunately it's like Groundhog Day, their customer service is horrible.  Good luck!

userviYtfohUxc
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having the same issue on my QN75Q60RAFXZA

ITS DRIVING ME BONKERS

I reset the TV and redid EVERYTHING and it still goes to the dumb live TV option.... Why on Earth did I spend d#$@ near 3k on a TV that can't even start where you left off.... 

(Yes I have the autorun settings enabled) 

The other super annoying part of this is that when you restart the tv it automatically adds the "live TV" app to the smart hub which bumps everything I want to use back one slot. 

Samsung, kindly, fix this. Please. Please please please. 

userTtr9IJdgv8
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I received the same answer, specifically the app I want to autorun does not support this feature.  I have run IT orgtanization for over 40 years and am an expert programmer.  I can't think of what the app could do to enable this feature.  The tv knows what app was in control when it was shut off.  It seems simple that the tv operating system could look in storage and see what was previously executing and execute it in the new session.

I suspect that Samsung has a bug they haven't fixed.  As we said in the early days of computing, "if you have a bug you can't or won't fix, call it a feature"

userBllhu9kySD
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Exactly. Was in IT 25 years, "it's a feature".
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

In order for the Autorun Last App to function, the app developers have to add it to their code. In the case of YouTube TV and Hulu, they have not provided this functionality.

0 Likes
userJmxRaXy3qT
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It is not the app, it is Samsung.  I have 4 different model Samsung TVs and some Auto Run Last App and some do not....for the same app.

userVCKX2LLJ5R
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I was just told, rather frankly, that "downloaded apps will not autoload as the last app"...EVER. They're not even working on it. The built in apps will autoload the last apps, but nothing downloaded. I guess I'll throw an Apple TV box on this TV as well....or take it back to Sam's without a box. Stupid. 

userN7wu5ReRkq
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have had the TV for a few days.  When my wife tuns on she watches Samsung TV.  Which she hates.  We are seniors and do not understand why the TV cannot default to HULU if we were watching that when we turned the TV off.  We, and most people I believe, don't care about most of the juck apps they have.

The free Samsung TV is just a waste.  I have got until Jan 16 to return to BB due to the upcoming holidays.  I do hope this issue is fixed.  

I did notice that Autorun starts up on Amazon if it was the last app used.

useruxRqK2Cr3e
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userviYtfohUxc wrote:

I'm having the same issue on my QN75Q60RAFXZA

ITS DRIVING ME BONKERS

I reset the TV and redid EVERYTHING and it still goes to the dumb live TV option.... Why on Earth did I spend d#$@ near 3k on a TV that can't even start where you left off.... 

(Yes I have the autorun settings enabled) 

The other super annoying part of this is that when you restart the tv it automatically adds the "live TV" app to the smart hub which bumps everything I want to use back one slot. 

Samsung, kindly, fix this. Please. Please please please. 

I can't fix the autorun last app which is driving me NUTS, but I did figure out if you hold down the select button on the icon on your smart hub you can move or remove icons.  (Yes, this one was another item I fought with for a few.)