JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Autorun Last App Not Working

(Topic created: 05-01-2021 03:46 PM)
userZhKXEn3dio
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I  normally use YoutubeTV for everyday viewing. This TV has a setting that, supposedly, powers up on the last app that was in use when the TV was turned off. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to make it work. I've tried it on both Youtube TV and Hulu to see if it worked on one but not the other but it doesn't return to either of them. So far I checked the firmware update but the TV says I have the latest version. I see a number of posts in a google search but no solutions. I purchased the TV about two weeks ago at BestBuiy. Can anyone point me to a solution?

60 Replies
userJmxRaXy3qT
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have four different Samsung TV models (all MY2020, 2021 and 2022).....some of the TVs autorun the app and some will not autorun the same app.  So, either Samsung is not allowing apps to be truly updated to the lastest app, or the Samsung software is preventing the app from autorunning.  Either way, Samsung is the problem.

usermKrT0vlEF3
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is why I’m never buying a Samsung again. They just don’t care. 

0 Likes
useriGyVDwyVbv
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I read with interest all of the comments and came to the conclusion that the issue is not yet resolved at least with respect to Youtube TV not working with Auto Run Last App Used. I have a UN32N5300.

Today I contacted  Youtube TV customer service , explained the issue and within few hours received their replay. It looks to me that the issue may never be resolved to our satisfaction. Anyway, below is their emailed reply. It seems to imply that they take responsibility for the problem,

Hi Edward,

This is Jessie with the YouTube TV team. I'm sending you a follow-up email about the YouTube TV app doesn’t auto-start on your Samsung TV.

I heard back from our team and mentioned that in the meantime, we don't have this feature yet. However, I'll make sure that your voice will be heard and amplified so I’ve passed this along to our product team for consideration.

We really appreciate your feedback — it's critical to helping us continuously improve the YouTube TV experience! Please keep it coming, and let me know if there's anything else I can help with in the meantime.

All the best,
The YouTube TV Team

0 Likes
userLiw8MzgqLc
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

MAY 13 2021, PROBLEM STILL NOT SOLVED. HELLO SAMSUNG SUPPORT ?? MY OLD MOTHER NEED THIS FEATURE AS SHE IS ALWAYS FORGET HOW TO OPEN THE YOUTUBE APP.

userRGi5A3lQxf
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have same problem 

My samsung tv is 7100 65 inch 

Last app use is not work , im already  active it , but not wotk 

The app is duplex  play

Any help ?

userFSQ5BDQJ9A
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@CommunityUser26 @SamsungAi 

Please mark this issue as unresolved and file it as a high-priority bug. A lot of people are complaining about this issue in the samsung community as well as on reddit. While the option is visible in the settings menu, it is not working when enabled. PLEASE FIX!

usereLRVm8Mwve
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I had to plug in my Fire Stick and use that. It works fine, YouTube TV is what appears  when the TV is started. 

0 Likes
user6nA6DHSbXp
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Bumpage...Same issue and very frustrated .  

fritzamix
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have read through this entire thread and come to realize that over several years, this function does not work at all, why is it even on the TV's?  I have two Samsung TV's and cannot get this to work at all.  I have an elderly mother who has a difficult time navigating through, and what is most frustrating is that if you do not select an app right away, it starts searching for the antenna (TV) connection.

I have search the web and cannot find a solution, how difficult is it to make such a simple thing work?

Desperately seeking a solution!

userSTwEChFq4U
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just posted an Idea on the Hulu site - 'Provide support for 'auto run last app' on Samsung TVs' - Please upvote

https://community.hulu.com/s/idea/0875f000000tqJJAAY/detail