cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Black screen and then freeze

Recently I reset my tv, now everytime I turn it on it shows me a black screen for about 5 minutes. Then it sends me to the set up menu which shows up whenever you reset or buy a new tv, from there the tv completly freezes on the 4th step (let's watch tv) when ever I click any of the options. After freezing the tv will automatically turn off about 5 minutes later. I can not open the menu or settings or anything on the tv so if there is any solutions or any way to hard reset the tv without going into the settings please let me know.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Black screen and then freeze

How long have you had this unit? To better assist you, can you provide me with your full model code? Is the unit plugged directly into the wall outlet?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Sorry for the late reply. I had this tv for around 3 years so it is fairly new, my model code is UN55J6520AFXZC. No it is not pluged straight into a wall outlet though I have tried to switch the extender and tried plugging to straight into a wall outlet though that doesn't seem to be the problem. Thank you for giving some of your time to help.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you try the following if it allows before freezing:

1. Tv without the one connect box has no picture

·Press the Home (Menu) button on the remote.

• If the menu appears, the TV is powered on but is either not on the correct source or not receiving a signal.
  • If the menu does not appear, the TV may be having power issues. 

Confirm the TV is set to the same source as the external device.

• For instance, if your cable box is connected to HDMI 1, set the TV source to HDMI 1.
  • If the TV is set to the correct source, but there is still no image, unplug and reconnect the AV connections one cable at a time, from both ends of each cable. If there's any damage to the cable, it will need to be replaced.

Test the HDMI cable.

• To perform the test, make sure the TV's source is still on the HDMI setting for the cable you want to test, and then navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

I can not open the menu because it is in the tv start up menu, there are 5 steps and each of them works for me such as connection and accepting term though when I have to select the display only, STB or antenna when ever I click on either ones it freezes, there are also nothing connected to the tv such as HDMI. Is there any possible way I can reset the tv again from the back or anything really.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thanks! Are you able to get the television connected to the internet? Are you located in the US?

Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you for the reply, yes I am able to get the tv connected to the internet and accept the terms of usage for the tv. I am currently located in Canada and have bought the tv in Canada.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks! 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.