cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Black screen boot loop, won’t turn on

Hello, I have a UN50MU6300FXZA model 50" tv with minimal use, bought barely two years ago. 

Tried turning it on yesterday, and the screen boots up black for a couple seconds, then it completely turns off. I've tried turning it on from the tv (no remote), as well as plugging into multiple different outlets to no avail.

it's just stuck in the black boot loop, and won't get to the Home Screen.

I have never done anything to the tv like update the firmware, and don't know if that makes a difference or if this is a hardware or software issue. 

suggestions? Thank you in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Black screen boot loop, won’t turn on

you probably just answered your question right there I see a lot of people having problems with their TVs lately and it all seemed to come down to the same thing that TV offered you an update and you didn't take it just like things on your phone won't work if you don't do an update your TV and other electronics won't function properly if they don't update if your TV is stuck in a bootloop it probably needs to be taken into the service if it can't be fixed you'll need to purchase a new one updates are for a reason they should not be optional if you see it needs an update see lazy whatever you're doing can be watched again recorded replayed etc etc just do the updates
Highlighted
Comet

I would look on Google and see if there is a reset option to manually reboot your TV and if it works and it requires any updates do the update
Highlighted
Constellation

Does anyone know if there is a way to do a hard reset using just the buttons on the tv or the remote?  I cannot find anything in the user manual on a hard reset, only by going into the settings menu...

Highlighted
Comet

try this-
Make sure that your TV is OFF.Take your Smart Remote and simultaneously press Info + Menu + Mute + Power.Next, enter the following sequence into your remote: Mute > 1 > 8 > 2 > Power.Your television will boot up in service mode. Using your remote, go to Options > Factory Reset.
Highlighted
Constellation

I don't have those buttons on this remote. Suggestions?

5030E759-4FD9-48E4-BB0A-2D69627CD6D6.jpeg

Highlighted
Comet

I haven't even seen a Samsung remote like that so I wouldn't know what to do my best bet would be to take it in to get it inspected if you bought it at a Best Buy in maybe Geek Squad can help you
Highlighted
Comet

Best Buy has been helping put out updates for Samsung TV so that Samsung servers don't overload so if you bought it from Best Buy Best Buy should be able to help you